• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Lineup

Sounds like a electric snowmobile!! I noticed my 21 8000 has this sound at times. It’s the clutching for sure.
22 should have the brand new Cat clutches, sure hope they work out well for Cat.

I really would love to try a sled with EPS. Will hope to demo one next yr somehow.

Dan

22 should have the brand new Cat clutches, sure hope they work out well for Cat.

I really would love to try a sled with EPS. Will hope to demo one next yr somehow.

Dan
Clutches was the ONLY thing that stopped me on the thunder for 22. Probably a mistake. The clutches will probably rip... lol. My riding bud ordered the winder with EPS. I will definitely switch up and try it. This EPS might be underestimated by myself and others. Big mile guys will eat it up for sure. My Cat like senses say a new chassis is coming. Or a refined one? Just leave the front end ALONE!!!

Clutches was the ONLY thing that stopped me on the thunder for 22. Probably a mistake. The clutches will probably rip... lol. My riding bud ordered the winder with EPS. I will definitely switch up and try it. This EPS might be underestimated by myself and others. Big mile guys will eat it up for sure. My Cat like senses say a new chassis is coming. Or a refined one? Just leave the front end ALONE!!!
I think for my area(tight/twisty) the EPS would be a total game changer for the 4s sleds. Can get worn down by end of the day for sure! And being tight/twisty we need to run big carbides that dont push, so EPS would be so awesome. I was just shocked seeing how easy he could turn bars even sitting still on a hardpack trail.

I think the 22 clutches will need some time to know how well they hold up, but you would think by now Cat knows guys are turning these things up to 300hp everywhere and hopefully made them heavy duty.

Dan

Speaking of turning bars while not moving. That’s what cracked the steering brackets on many in past. I wonder if the power steering unit has the tierods going right to it or if it’s further up the line of steering mechanism?

Speaking of turning bars while not moving. That’s what cracked the steering brackets on many in past. I wonder if the power steering unit has the tierods going right to it or if it’s further up the line of steering mechanism?

One has to realize how hard this can be on the entire steering mechanism. I have had sleds that just won’t move the skis to steer in certain snow conditions, like thin crust, so you blip the throttle and turn at the same time to save on the steering mechanism. Unless of course you don’t mind breaking the handle bars or other components, if in fact that power steering is that powerful. I’ve been on a rented Vector with power steering, that one still took some force to move the skis, and at higher speeds/revs the power steering seemed almost gone. That seemed like a happy medium for keeping the steering mech intact. This one just looked to easy, like it was on an ice base maybe. It is adjustable force wise, isn’t it?

My 17 Winder steering has no play still, while I have been on some that have a lot of handle bar movement!
Zero darting helps with that for sure.

Ive found a real pic of Cats new clutch in French forums. For the ones interested.

A2382276-7-A73-40-A6-8-D79-E01-E9-EBABB7-A.jpg

My wife will really like her new stx...... Lol she might have to beat me off of it haha. I'm honestly probably going to have a hard time deciding what sled I want to ride when she isn't going out

my guess is that the skis were on hard packed trail so it's easy to turn from stop.
I own 2020 X-T GT, yup two fuel caps. The hard "suit cases" provides "hard rear storage" on the port and the starboard of the sled, and the rear deck removable cover provides for "trunk storage". The problem is the hard "suit cases" locking mechanism is a TOTAL TOTAL piece of crap. I have what amounts to 14 Gage wire twisted around the handles to to keep the hard boxes closed. Absolutely ashamed at the design/quality of the hard "suit cases". Looking to trade for OEM EPS
Steve, call your dealer and have them replaced under warranty...the plastic sliding latches are not up to the task of keeping the cases closed. I'm sure Yamaha will replace them. Joe

thanks so much for pointing this out, I had no idea that using excessive force could crack steering brackets...I will pay attention to turning with sled in motion and not from dead stop. I have GSE EPS, from stop sometimes its very easy to turn if on a hard packed trail but if there is soft sticky or deep snow its like trying to turn the Titanic...aint happening.

thanks so much for pointing this out, I had no idea that using excessive force could crack steering brackets...I will pay attention to turning with sled in motion and not from dead stop. I have GSE EPS, from stop sometimes its very easy to turn if on a hard packed trail but if there is soft sticky or deep snow its like trying to turn the Titanic...aint happening.
It kind of looked like the factory setup is right where the tie rods are. That would be good. The steering stem is connected to that point by a link. That’s where the problem is. Where stem is bolted to structure.

Yup, no worries. Fingers crossed that they come standard, otherwise have sneak that extra purchase past my in-house bank ;)
the hard case saddle bags came with the sled in years past..can't imagine they would not put them on now...Congrats on the purchase Derek!! You're going to love that sled. Joe

the hard case saddle bags came with the sled in years past..can't imagine they would not put them on now...Congrats on the purchase Derek!! You're going to love that sled. Joe
Thanks!

While I mostly loved the Ventures, I'm super-excited to ride the new ones next winter!

Back