• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

35/39 Dalton Helix

I think what you and everyone else is feeling is the decompressed motor and a little bit of turbo lag, yamaha has done a great job reducing it but you will never be able to get rid of it completely that's why the viper with a low boost kit on it is a little better for trail riding as the response is right there all the time and in my opinion because I had one is faster than a stock SideWinder. Speed wise it hasn't come close to the low boost Viper
This was what I was wondering....A new stock compression 1200 motec 1 from Martin is simply incredible. response is instant. With the 998 being decompressed, I wondered about this from the get go....but I thought it was just a very slight compression lowering from stock, do you know compression ratio?

thnx

So you're saying it will never be as snappy as the Apex?
Very different when an engine has lower compression, on take off before there is any boost the sled can feel poochy....the stock compression turbo cannot run as much boost up top though as it will need race fuel with less total boost.

I know this new 1200 4tec now has stock compression turbo kits coming out, and guys who had a decompressed 1200 prior are going to a stock compression kit and say its night and day more responsive.

I know yammie worked very hard on this design to have a perfect balance between compression/lag and top end power....This is why other sleds can run hard against the SW on bottom end initially, the SW takes a split second to start to make big power then hauls the mail...different then apex or any 2s or my 1200, NA they hit hard fast down low with a much higher compression ratio.

The anti-lag will be fun on the SW when guys start incorporating it into a tune as an option.

Very different when an engine has lower compression, on take off before there is any boost the sled can feel poochy....the stock compression turbo cannot run as much boost up top though as it will need race fuel with less total boost.

I know this new 1200 4tec now has stock compression turbo kits coming out, and guys who had a decompressed 1200 prior are going to a stock compression kit and say its night and day more responsive.

I know yammie worked very hard on this design to have a perfect balance between compression/lag and top end power....This is why other sleds can run hard against the SW on bottom end initially, the SW takes a split second to start to make big power then hauls the mail...different then apex or any 2s or my 1200, NA they hit hard fast down low with a much higher compression ratio.

The anti-lag will be fun on the SW when guys start incorporating it into a tune as an option.
Thanks for info. Hoping this sled had throttle response of an Apex but with 200hp. Not complaining, just missing responsiveness of Apex.

The Dalton weights in my Ecotrail package held steady at 9000 on hard packed lakes and the mph kept climbing.
Do you feel your tuned sled has better throttle response than stock? I had a 1100 Turbo with a flash and compared to stock, response was night and day. If I hadn't ridden a tuned turbo side by side with a stocker I wouldn't have given you a nickel for it. It was a complete dog!

Do you feel your tuned sled has better throttle response than stock? I had a 1100 Turbo with a flash and compared to stock, response was night and day. If I hadn't ridden a tuned turbo side by side with a stocker I wouldn't have given you a nickel for it. It was a complete dog!
I hear ya, but thats cause the stock ZUK was a pooch. Mine was such a slug stock, that just the muffler woke it up alot and then the stage 4 was nuts....With the SW its really strong stock, so I think that is the diff.

Dan

Hey guys there are a lot of numbers for helix on dalton site. What one do I need for stock setup?

Hey guys there are a lot of numbers on dalton site website. What one am I looking for on stock set up?

Test report.
BTX LE
EVO stage 3
Thunder products kit plus 911 cover.
35/39 dalton helix shimmed.
6-1 wrap stock spring.
Thunder products deflection adjuster.
Thunder products secondary rollers.
Gates C12 belt 8dn length.

First 3 runs all the above with stock helix shimmed and wrapped 6-1.

500'. 98 mph 8850 rpm
660' 103 mph 8900 rpm
820' 106 mph 9000 rpm the spike to 9300 rpm. Out of gear and overdrive. Clutching was just warm.

Next 3 runs 35/39 helix wrapped 6-1 and shimmed.

500' 102mph 9000 rpm
660' 106 mph 9050 rpm
700' 106 mph rpm spiked to 9300. Out of gear and overdrive. Clutching was just warm.
Conditions were hard packed snow / ice with lots of hookup from the 2 1/4" track. Only thing I can add is a gear change. Other than that it will be hard to improve upon this setup. This thing is going to be very impressive in deep snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Test report.
BTX LE
EVO stage 3

6-1 wrap stock spring.

500'. 98 mph 8850 rpm
660' 103 mph 8900 rpm
820' 106 mph 9000 rpm the spike to 9300 rpm. Out of gear and overdrive.

Are you happy with the 35/39?

160 miles on 35/39 helix. Shimmed with heavy hitters and evo stage 3. 22-41 gearing. So far works great. Sled is breaking in now with close to 700. Picked up some rpms. Gps max said 120mph running snow trails. Nothing too far. 800etec max gps said 95.

Test report.
BTX LE
EVO stage 3
6-1 wrap stock spring.
Thunder products secondary rollers.

500'. 98 mph 8850 rpm
660' 103 mph 8900 rpm
820' 106 mph 9000 rpm the spike to 9300 rpm. Out of gear and overdrive. Clutching was just warm.

You didn't try it wrapped 3-3?

Back