• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A ARMS BENT

Jabber

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder mtn 162
I bent up the arms on my sled last year, left side was pretty bad. I took them to a buddies machine shop and we mannaged to straighten them out with the help of some heat and a 50 ton press. Well the stump jumped out in front of me on the weekend, I mean it just came from nowhere and bent up the left side a-arms again.
Is anyone running the chromoly a-arms from MPI. Are they durable? Anybody got any suggestions as replacements from Yamaha will run me $1000 can. for both sides.

I use the A-Arms from Holz. I have put a good beating on them and they are still straight. I would highly recomend them.

I don't really don't know if you can find any arm manufacturer that makes a stump proof set up for a sled.

Better check your bulkhead good where the a-arms mount between. I just bumped my arms early last year and tore it open on the lower-rear hole. Good luck!

Aaron

AaronBND said:
Better check your bulkhead good where the a-arms mount between. I just bumped my arms early last year and tore it open on the lower-rear hole. Good luck!

Aaron

Likewise.

Holz arms were pretty tough but don't come in the narrow mountain stance. MPI arms were OK but crumpled pretty quick on their first hit. Stock seem toughest, and cheap.

Try to get a used set. Thats what I did. The good thing about MPI's, holz is that they are more than likely not going to take out the bulkhead bolts or bulkhead because they will give.

Put aftermarkets on before you pay $1000 for some stock heavy ones.

I ordered a set from MPI today. I'll try to keep everyone up to date on how they stand up.
Thanks for all your input

I have had a set of MPI A-arms for three years now with no major damage. I have even managed to hit a boulder and a tree and the arms are still staight. The powder coating is most definately $hit though. The powder coat on my arms flaked off the shock brackets the first season and now they are rusted all over (shock brackets).

Jim

Attachments

• Bad Boulder.jpg
    Bad Boulder.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 57
  • P1010025.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 44
  • SCRX-mtn509Films.jpg
    SCRX-mtn509Films.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 55
They didn't have any 38s in stock so I went eith the 41" kit. I'm doing an yearly ride near Revelstoke so I can't wait for 38" arms.
I had a closer look at my a-arms and it turns out that not only are they bent but the mount on the left lower at the front of the bulkhead is BROKEN. I need some ideas on how to fix. HELP

I told ya man! Anytime you bend a-arms you better look real close at the bulkhead. They are like recycled beer cans. Buy a new bulkhead and just change it out. It's not that big of a deal! A drill, rivets and a few hours of time.

Aaron

Shouldn't break the bulkhead bolts with the MPI arms as the will give before the bolts and bulkhead which is a good think IMO.

If I hit something I hope I hit it on the left and not the right as I have the stock lower on the right side.

How do these thigs hold up for trail? I beat the #*$&@ out of my sled. Giggle when you hit the moguls type stuff and mine are bent. Any one run these for trail riding and ditchbangin?

Back