• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AD Boivin Expert X suspension question

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
I have a chance to buy an AD Boivin Expert X rear suspension that has the rail extension to make it a 136" and has the mounting kit and manual for a Warrior. My question is it missing the variable lift adjustment. Is this a big deal ? Also how much of a pain is it that you can no longer get parts for these ? The price is good, less than half what I can get a mono for. Just wondering if it's a good idea or not since I don't really know much about these skids other than they are supposed to ride nice. Thanx guys.

As far as i am aware, you can no longer buy that complete suspension, but you can get parts.
They list all the parts on their website in a pdf.
Click on it them call them to order. I ordered parts this way for my expert x about a year ago

Everything you need is on the website.
Be prepared they have heavy french accents and it might be tough to communicate clearly with them.
Good luck

When I checked their website it said parts for the expert x were discontinued. I may be better calling them.

That is the best skid you will ever ride on. It sounds like you have one of the originals with no adjustment. I am still holding on to the last ZX2 skid they sold.

That is the best skid you will ever ride on. It sounds like you have one of the originals with no adjustment. I am still holding on to the last ZX2 skid they sold.

The Expert X was a pile of crap compared to the ZX2.. I only installed maybe 4 or 5 of them and never liked the ride. M10 was better. Thats just my opinion. Will it be better then your stock skid from a warrior. hell yes!!

ZX2 is so amazing! It might find a home in my sidewinder, makes every sled more fun. What price are you thinking for the expert x? I have a mono I would sell cheap but if your in VT shipping may be a pain unless I disassemble it.

The Expert X was a pile of crap compared to the ZX2.. I only installed maybe 4 or 5 of them and never liked the ride. M10 was better. Thats just my opinion. Will it be better then your stock skid from a warrior. hell yes!!
Thanx for your replys guys. I contacted viper_dave from the recommendation from another member and he didn't recommend getting the ExpertX without the variable lift adjustment. There also aren't parts available unless I could get lucky and can find used parts. So last Saturday I picked up a used Attak skid and the guy even through in the back half of the chassis with the mounting brackets still in it. That should make the swap much easier by having the brackets and measurements handy. . I've spent quite a bit of time researching maintenance and set up tips for the mono skid. So I'm sorry I forgot to update this post when I picked up the mono skid

Back