• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AD Bovin

Ratpack

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX1
Is there a dealer in the us that sells Expert X parts. I have emailed and called but AD Bovin does not return either. Sure would like to get this sled put back together.

You could try excell motorsports but i think you stuck trying to get a hold of AD Boivin.

I had to purchase parts for my expert x last year.
They are absolutely brutal to get parts from.
I used email. When i called i could not understand anything anyone was saying. I was afraid i was going to get the wrong items so i decided email was best, but i had to chase them, same as you are experiencing.
When they shipped my parts they never gave me a tracking number.
After about 2 weeks of chasing them to get a tracking number they emailed me (without the tracking number) and said my parts were shipped and delivered.
I was flustered and started digging through my bushes around my front stairs and found my parts stuck in the bushes
They had been in the bushes for over a week.
The entire transaction from when i started calling /emailing to when i found the parts took over a month.

I had to call and email multiple times. They will not call you back you will have to keep calling till you finally get someone to pick up. Once they pick up, you can explain you sent an email with part numbers and just give them the credit card info over the phone.

Its my opinion they dont care about service after the sale.

This is making me happy. Twenty years ago, custermer service meant something. Not so much anymore. I sure am glad it's not January. I will email again. Thanks for the help.

I have heard that they are brutal to work with. It's to bad that the put out a great product like the expert x and zx2 but do nothing to help the customer out after the sale.

I never really had a problem with them. But I always ordered in the winter. Maybe they cut their hours during the summer?

I needed the bushings at the top and bottom of the swing arms. We found them at a bearing store yesterday. $3 apiece is a good deal.

Sweet. Good find. I have a zx2 and it is my personal goal to try and find other sources instead of ad boivin for basic replacement parts like bearings/ idler wheels/ slides. Maybe there should be a sticky thread here for such a thing about the expert x and the zx2. Would they be allowed on ty

On the Expert X, the bearings, wheels. and slides are all Ski-doo parts. I would bet that they are on the zx2 also.
I'm looking for the plastic guides at the upper end of the rails now. Sure hope that they are also Doo's.
It helps when I have my sled at a friends garage and he investigates all of these options. Sure saves me a lot of $.

MDKUNI and I have tried to find replacement parts with ski part numbers and nothing every worked. We have had to go to ADB each time. Slides are supposed to be ski doo type 8 the ones from Dennis Kirk i ordered didn't work at all. Bogey wheels are a funny size and I couldn't find a replacement I tried polaris wheels no go. The 8" rear wheels might be easier to find a aftermarket replacement I haven't looked outside for those. They are a 20mm bearing.

I thought there were guys on here that have found certain replacement parts from ski doo that worked. The big one being slides. I picked up a set of ski doo profile 8 sliders this winter so I had a spare set. I have t used them yet but they sure look like they will work. I guess I will have to check in the fall when I pull the skid and give it a once over. I will have to through my "bookmarks" on my other computer because I saved any threads that I read about replacement parts for the ZX2.

My profile 8 slides from Shade Tree worked also. But that is all I found other than getting everything from ADB.
Shade Tree part # 553-400 Ski-Doo RC UHMW Hyfax
If you look under Skidoo these are some of the years for Profile 8. 78 Elan, 78-82 Elite, 88-94 Alpine, 86-94 Formula, and some others.

The slides I purchased (I'll have to look up part number) were doo profile 8 and the slot was not even close to working. If I could have made them work I would have but they were not close.

Back