• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AFR guage

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
Is anybody using this afr guage ? Really wanting to do the airbox mod, and already have an EVO can with a bung already welded on.

Attachments

• 14BA33D2-7C46-4F10-A5FC-74D95D7D8799.png
    14BA33D2-7C46-4F10-A5FC-74D95D7D8799.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 107

Are you adding a Power Commander to adjust fuel? Is that why you need the gauge?

You will definitely need a power comander with a map if you do anything with your airbox and add an exhaust. Probably going to need to do some clutch work also.

After talking to someone, they thought the latest flash only was lean out on start and idle. A lot of people are running both with no problems, don’t know if this true with flash but was thinking of getting an afr guage first to see if a pcv is necessary

You can do what ya want but I'm telling ya your going to be lean and will end up losing hp. You need to add fuel to make these add on's work properly. I'm not 100% sure but the ECU is probably lean from the factory to meet emissions. I guess you could put the AFR gauge on there and see where your at if it is good run it, if not you'll have to get a programmer.

That’s what I was considering. Waiting for EVO fix there machine for ecu programs as I would rather have that then a pcv

Is anybody using this afr guage ? Really wanting to do the airbox mod, and already have an EVO can with a bung already welded on.
I have been running the AEM for almost 11k miles. Works great. Numbers are a little small to see at WOT but other than that no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 103
I put my boost and AFR gauges to the left and right of the heat vent in front of the handle bars. There is a good flat spot there. I have a pic on my turbo install thread. If I didn't have a GPS I would have mounted it just above the instrument cluster with a RAM mount.

Back