• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Am I getting older or smarter

BombaPolaYama said:
yamadoo said:
Am I reading this right there is a Venture Delta II 144 with tip up rails available in Canada..........There is a Gotta have.

Yamadoo

It's the RS Venture TF with the 151" track and tip up rails. But you won't like the Can prices!

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/pro ... S|&LANG=en

It doesen't have tip-up rails, but has an articulated extension (flip up), just like the RS Viking/Professional... ;)!

Attachments

• 2009_RSVenture_TF_SlBk_1 (Medium).jpg
    2009_RSVenture_TF_SlBk_1 (Medium).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 98

I agree with RSV,

The rails are not bowed 6 degrees like the XTX, they are:

"Designed with high mileage riders in mind. Our easy adjust touring-oriented suspension is suited to all combinations of comfort. Our quick-adjust spring preload sets the ride for solo or two-up travel. And the flip up rails at the back make backing up easier when off trail".

Copied from the Yamaha Canada Brochure online.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Oh I get it guys it is Flip up not tip up. Thanks ;)!

I reviewed in detail, it is - longer track, standard shock package Venture. I suspect the GT will better fit my needs(OK wants, people need food , shelter and love, I know and have to remind myself). :o|

I rode my buddies AC deluxe two up and enjoyed the 'cruise' kind of solo ride as well with the mindset of comfort performance not max performance. As stated I see myself keeping the Apex and deciding what kind of ride or day I plan.

I will wait to see how the first year goes for the Delta II venture before I jump in. I am not opposed to year one purchases but just not necessary at this time, I can always learn the pro's and con's.

Thanks for the information

Yamadoo

Yamaha needs to put the fx nytro 135 HP in the vector for us inbetweeners who like a windshied that fits the sled and a motor that walks the talk.
Not that the 120 is a dog.
might have to fundyize the vector into an ape killer this summer.pistons cam and port.

RSV said:
BombaPolaYama said:
yamadoo said:
Am I reading this right there is a Venture Delta II 144 with tip up rails available in Canada..........There is a Gotta have.

Yamadoo

It's the RS Venture TF with the 151" track and tip up rails. But you won't like the Can prices!

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/pro ... S|&LANG=en

It doesen't have tip-up rails, but has an articulated extension (flip up), just like the RS Viking/Professional... ;)!

Ok, sorry about that - didn't mean to be misleading - I was not familiar with the tip up rails - thought it was the same concept as flip-up.

So, as a matter of interest and at the risk of going off topic, what is the advantage of tip-up rails?

Makes a 144 handle like a 121 on trail, ie won't push because the rear of the rail has very little preasure on it. Maxdlx

PS Ding if I am a geezer, then you must be headed for retirement. LOL At least we have memories.

snoway said:
Yamaha needs to put the fx nytro 135 HP in the vector for us inbetweeners who like a windshied that fits the sled and a motor that walks the talk.
Not that the 120 is a dog.
might have to fundyize the vector into an ape killer this summer.pistons cam and port.

Ditto! ;)!

Back