• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Am I getting ripped off?

bitburner

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX 1.75
Ordered new rear torsion springs the heavy weight ones and new carbides for my nytro it has tuner skis. Ordered it from my dealer and my buddy picked up the parts and the bill was $840.00 Cdn. Seems like I'm getting fucked around.

Not sure how your $$ coverts to US coin but that just sounds rough, the shits gotta be real bad-- Damn!

I bought 4" in/ outside Woodys carbides off Ebay in Mid Febuary for $132 shipped.
How much do the springs run each, are they made of freakin' titanium???

Can any North of the border peeps have someone in the US buy it / reimburse thru PayPal then ship?
Shipping is expensive, didn't know if it'd save $$$.
Sorry to hear about the bending over ya' got. :(

Wow that's crazy!
But,
I just looked quickly at the Port Yamaha online parts list. The heavier tortion springs are $262 U.S. retail each. So depending on which carbides you got it could total that.
Hind sight being 20/20 you should have gone to the classifieds here or to one of the venders here for the springs.
I would be pissed off too!

You just learned a valuable lesson buying from a Canadian dealer...don't make it again. I can't understand why you'd order something without knowing the upfront cost. It pays to shop around... buy from Canadian aftermarket distributors like Royal Distributing and Sled Werx. You could also buy used/new parts from advertisers on this site too. Just be careful shopping/shipping from the U.S. You will have to consider conversion rates, shipping rates, brokerage fees and the HST when the item comes to your door. Also, avoid UPS and other couriers... they charge stupid brokerage fees. Have items shipped via USPS.

"Fat boy" springs are that much.... Holy sh*t!
I'm close to 300 lbs and my sled was bought used from a guy about 100 less than me, turned the block to H and it's only bottomed on few bigger bumps. Real happy with it actually.
How stiff are these springs?

Agreed on the UPS / etc.
I just shipped a Phazer front bumper from NY to a TY member in MI, box was 7" x 10" x 10" and 2 lbs.
FedEx (thru my work) wanted $16- they tack on $5 more being a residence.
USPS was $7.05 + got there in like 3 days.

Back