• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

An other Newb. Jumping to the dark side from Doo!

MTX heat exchanger... I didn't know that they had an extra one, but I did know I would maybe need some extra cooling. How much can you find one for? Great for when you are moving slow in the deep stuff but working the sled hard. Watch the classified section you should be able to pick one up there to save some money.

-Post re-locater... Haven't rode a Nytro enough to know if the ergos need this to make them better. Was it worth it? With the post relocated I find the ergos perfect for standing on the Nytro. I think it's money will spent. Talk to the OFT boys for that one.

-Here's a big one.... The bulkhead is much different than a Doo thats for sure. So where and how do I re-inforce this?? I know I would bend it without. Talk to grizztracks and see if he is still making his support plates. Then have someone weld them in. I pulled my subframe over the summer and had a guy tig them in. I've taken some hard hits and she's still straight! (knock on wood)

-Those Yammy racing tunnel braces look pretty mean, do they perform as good as they look? No doubt they are strong and they have some nice teeth on them to grip your boots. However they hold your boots higher and once they are full of ice your feel can slip off the sides. If I were to go back I may have gone with the skinz boards.

-Jake break... This sounds kewl. How does it work, how much was it, and was it worth it? THe OFT moto-r kill switch with built in roll over valve is what it is. (I think the name was changed)... It's a must on for any backcountry 4-stroke. Get the OFT one it is plug and play and very easy to install.

-I've asked this once, I'll ask again. The 1.75-2" track fits no problem without the tunnel protectors right? Either fits fine with the tunnel protectors removed. Also block off the tunnel and consider extro drivers.

-Theres to many intakes to choose from, did the K&N make a difference? I think the K&N is great. I'm a couple of lengths ahead of stock Nytros. Also don't forget you'll need a power commander with the intake to add fuel. If you are going to do an engine mod I think this is the one to go with. If you can add a complete exhaust with it even better. ....as an added bonus to going with the K&Ns you have more room under the hood for things like...pulling you starter relay to thaw it!

- I know I need the role over valve, how much and how is this to install?
Plug and play very easy to install..... click> http://oftracing.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=215[/url]

Thanks for the info revster. I will be doing a full exhaust and intake with commander for sure. 130hp just isn't enough for me. Plus I need to put a big track on it too. So I'll be breaking the bank pretty good already. :Rockon: But I know I'll be needing that cooler, which I already found a buddy with one whos parting out a Nytro. Perfect. And I don't know if I could make it without the role over valve. After that, all I'm to concerned about is re-inforcing the damn thing to put up with my beating. I can close the tunnel out of some sheet aluminum in my garage.

Just gotta get my Doo to make it through the season then quickly flog it and find a leftover 2011 XTX :-o

Thanks for the info, I'll likely get in contact with you once the project starts for some further help.

Bump. Time to sell this years sled and decide next years asap. I'm going nuts trying to decide what to do next year. I really want a 4 stroke because my 2smokes have been giving me hard times. I want the Nytro before the 1200 cause Skidoo is just a piss off lately with how garbage they build their stuff. But I really don't think the Nytro has enough power to humor me. Give me some reviews and input please! My other option is to stick with 2stroke and do the unthinkable..... Polaris Assault with 2 inch paddle !

sleddingfarmer said:
2012 Cat 1100 turbo, hyjacked...200+ horsepower for less than a new nytro with a few mods. Thats what I would do.

I don't want to spend that much. I'd get the Nytro because I can find some 2011 left overs for 9k in the crate.

sledhead747r said:
Alright Revster. I'm making my way through the thread of your build. Looks like A LOT of your build is exactly what I had in mind. So I do have a couple questions on pricing and how they work.

- MTX heat exchanger... I didn't know that they had an extra one, but I did know I would maybe need some extra cooling. How much can you find one for?

I would also recommend it, I will be adding a bit of additional cooling to mine this summer also.... I think the kit is around 2 bills.

-Post re-locater... Haven't rode a Nytro enough to know if the ergos need this to make them better. Was it worth it?

No question, do it.... Probably one of the best ergo changes I made on my sled. Around 150 if I remember correctly, and it's a really well made piece by OTF.

-Here's a big one.... The bulkhead is much different than a Doo thats for sure. So where and how do I re-inforce this?? I know I would bend it without.

Grizztracks on here has done a bunch of work on this, and has some good ideas.... I haven't bent mine yet, but I am replacing a-arm bushings this summer, going with ulmers olite kit.

-Those Yammy racing tunnel braces look pretty mean, do they perform as good as they look?

-Jake break... This sounds kewl. How does it work, how much was it, and was it worth it?

-I've asked this once, I'll ask again. The 1.75-2" track fits no problem without the tunnel protectors right?

-Theres to many intakes to choose from, did the K&N make a difference?

- I know I need the role over valve, how much and how is this to install?

I'm not finished going through your thread yet, so I'll likely have more questions later. Sounds like you might be a big help to me this summer. Maybe some reviews on how the sled has been this winter? Thanks ;)!

As far as the trail tank goes for more fuel, the fit it pretty decent in my opinion, although I haven't installed one YET. It's on the possible list this summer. There is 2 plastic panels at the inside of your knees, the tank replaces this area and fills out to where the plastic panels were. It also fills in the area around the horseshoe that goes from the tunnel up to the steering post. It adds 2 extra gallons and I think goes for around 300 and change.

Great vids this year Denver :Rockon:

Back