• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any worries on a 2012 Apex with 18K ?

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
I have to do something on a budget for a better riding machine. I have an 04 Warrior with a few upgrades and its a nice machine, but I need something that rides better. I'm really starting to have some back issues. I was considering a M 10 Air until I saw a 2012 Apex xtx with 18k on it for $3500. The new M 10 would be half the price of the Apex, but with the Apex I'd be upgrading my whole sled. $3500 would be at the top of my budget. Is there any real concerns with a machine with this many miles ? Other than the normal front end bushings and exhaust donuts. I'm also considering for the same money a 08 Nytro with only 3600 miles on it. The seating position may be better, but the Apex may ride nicer and it has EPS. My riding style is cruising, not aggressive also. Thanx in advance for any input since I've never ridden either of these sleds before.

My son has 28000 km on his nytro, so mileage isn't an issue with any Yamaha 4 stroke as far as I'm concerned. Nytro with wrp seat is a nice riding position. Easy on the back of the sled is set up properly. But apex with EPS would be hard to beat too.
Just my 2 cents.

Think chassis bushings and skid bearings the Apex motor will likely go on and on

12 Apex is more refined but the XTX is not a plush ride as a mono or M-10 air.

I like the way my mono rides after getting shock revalve wrp seat and riser. I don't have much seat time on newer xtx with power steering. If it was me I'd buy the sled and keep other sled until you decide it's for you all while keeping a eye out for a used M10. Could always offer cash as it's getting towards end of season person might be looking to power surge tomorrow. Good luck with your choice.

IMO the XTX Apex is the best riding sled on the market. You have to turn a few wrenches to get there.

Still not sure what to do. My Warrior has a 2 up suspension from a Ski Doo so it isn't the best riding machine. I've pretty much have gone through my whole sled and I know what I have and I'm a little nervous getting a high mileage sled and having to do all that work all over again. I'm on a tight budget with our daughter being a year and a half old. Maybe I'll get a mono for the Warrior and get my wife who has never ridden her own sled a machine. She's nervous about driving by herself. I'd to get a 4 stroke, but I'm worried they might be too big and heavy for someone who's small and inexperienced. I did find a 07 Apex with 11,500 miles on it for only $2000 for me possibly. It wouldn't cost much more than upgrading my Warrior. What would you guys recommend for a sled for my wife. I thought about a Phaser, but I hear they are tippy and maybe not the best for a beginner. A vector will be heavy so maybe an older 2 stroke might be the best bet. Thanx for the advice and sorry that this post is all overt the place.

Still not sure what to do. My Warrior has a 2 up suspension from a Ski Doo so it isn't the best riding machine. I've pretty much have gone through my whole sled and I know what I have and I'm a little nervous getting a high mileage sled and having to do all that work all over again. I'm on a tight budget with our daughter being a year and a half old. Maybe I'll get a mono for the Warrior and get my wife who has never ridden her own sled a machine. She's nervous about driving by herself. I'd to get a 4 stroke, but I'm worried they might be too big and heavy for someone who's small and inexperienced. I did find a 07 Apex with 11,500 miles on it for only $2000 for me possibly. It wouldn't cost much more than upgrading my Warrior. What would you guys recommend for a sled for my wife. I thought about a Phaser, but I hear they are tippy and maybe not the best for a beginner. A vector will be heavy so maybe an older 2 stroke might be the best bet. Thanx for the advice and sorry that this post is all overt the place.

I will be releasing a mechanical power steering (MPS) kit this summer that fits all the apex, vector, rx-1, venture ect from 03-10. This would allow you to put her on an older sled 4 stroke sled and she'd be able to steer it with one hand! The concept really work awesome. Night and day difference.

That might be the ticket. I could then get her a nice Vector and put a Mono on my sled. Then we could each have a nice reliable 4 for a reasonable cost. Does your MPS kit help with darting to ? Also what year did Vectors start using mono rear skids ? Thanx for the idea Travis. You may be getting an order from me for a mono for the Warrior.

Back