• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex XTX for lighter rider?

i tend to do them now with the sled supported on a sled lift. usually when i do it, i have the back springs unloaded and the track tension slacked off from servicing idler wheels. i use a ratchet and wrench to pull the bolts and then i just wiggle the shock out. my limiters are still at stock setting, so if yours are sucked up any, you might need to let them out a bit.

I too have a '12. If it still has the stock torsion springs dump them and get '09 Nytros(I believe), the stock ones are way too stiff. I'm 190.... Made a big difference..

I too have a '12. If it still has the stock torsion springs dump them and get '09 Nytros(I believe), the stock ones are way too stiff. I'm 190.... Made a big difference..
I already received a set of Nytro XTX torsion springs, Hygear spacers, and the Star Suspension kit.

I already received a set of Nytro XTX torsion springs, Hygear spacers, and the Star Suspension kit.
do you have the part number for the nytro XTX springs? i bought a set of lighter ones for my apex XTX a few years ago but i found them too light for myself plus bags. wanted to go up one from what i have now. need to make sure i don't order the heavy ones i removed. i'm also thinking of looking at the new viper or sidewinder torsion springs to see if they might fit this apex. the arctic cat version are probably half the pricew of yamahas. LOL

you can use the 4 position optinal adjusters for the sr viper for more stregth or the barn of parts 5 position ones @sgauthier . i use the muffin works ones that they quit making on my 11 xtx.

I have a stock 2011 Apex XTX and weight 205 lbs, I have the adjustment blocks on the lightest setting and yes I still find it to be a stiff ride and the few friends who have rode it thought the same thing. In stock form I don’t think someone who weighs 130 lbs would like it very much.

I have a stock 2011 Apex XTX and weight 205 lbs, I have the adjustment blocks on the lightest setting and yes I still find it to be a stiff ride and the few friends who have rode it thought the same thing. In stock form I don’t think someone who weighs 130 lbs would like it very much.
I am currently in the process of installing the Star Suspension kit along with Nytro XTX torsion springs and Hygear spring spacers.

1000018737.jpg

i bought the 2009 XTX Nytro torsion springs this fall and installed them. the stock ones are way too heavy for anyone our weight. i haven't rode it yet with the Nytro springs but I'm sure they will be good. i have the star suspension update with the front rear spring recommended by them as well , seat concept seat, 2-inch riser and 4 position adjuster, hygear spring spacer. the lighter ones i had before where pretty good but i had to set them to the 4th position (firmest). not sure how much i'll ride it this year since i picked up a 2017 sidewinder with power steering

got 17000 mi on a set of nitro xtx springs on the back of the 11 xtx. last 2 seasons where on setting 5 of muffin works 5 position adjusters. sled has 22000 mi. apparently , you can run 1 heavy spring and one light spring according to yamaha tec we where told. have not tried it yet.

a sign they are too light is when the plastic washers on the transfer rods get smashed out on the skid. had to do it in pre season this year as while springs are unbroken, they where too weak and transfer rods where bottoming out.

Back