• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody having trouble spinning their LTX track by hand?

Watching that video reminds me of something that happened many years ago. I'm going to date myself here but here goes. Back in 1975 I had a very fast sno jet sst 440 free air. I went out riding with a group of Merc snow twisters. Before we hit the trails one of the guys had his Twister track off the ground and was just spinning it just like the 850 in the video. I remember thinking there is no way my track can spin like that! Hell it took me two hands and lots of strength to turn my track. Well we rode for a bit and when we hit a huge field we started to line them up. I thought for sure I would get my azz handed to me after what I saw. Well one by one I smoked every Twister there and I couldn't believe it. That was one of my proudest racing moments from the old days.

Thanks guys for all of the replies. I had no idea what I was starting here. Merry Christmas to everyone!

You are entirely correct except that these Cat drivers are junk and wear very quickly. Merry Christmas Knapp!

They could very well wear quickly. Wouldn't be surprised as it is a Cat. I think they should have clipped every lug, for less binding feel and who knows, maybe they'd last longer.

IMO the Doo ones are the best and last what seems forever, but Doo clips every lug too. Has to tell ya something right there I'd think.

They could very well wear quickly. Wouldn't be surprised as it is a Cat. I think they should have clipped every lug, for less binding feel and who knows, maybe they'd last longer.

IMO the Doo ones are the best and last what seems forever, but Doo clips every lug too. Has to tell ya something right there I'd think.
Yup.

I fully clipped my track before it hit the snow last year. Over 3 thousand miles later and the drivers still look new. I got the clips from Royal Distributing, took a couple of hours to install.

I fully clipped my track before it hit the snow last year. Over 3 thousand miles later and the drivers still look new. I got the clips from Royal Distributing, took a couple of hours to install.
My track was fully clipped for 4000 of the miles of drivers in pic. Track blew at 9000mi. Delaminated at a bar. That’s when I went to introverts and same rip2 fully clipped and no silent bumps.

No Trouble here.
Much easier than my Apex's or buddies Doo's that I have studded.
Not happy to hear about the drivers but so be it.

Guys, this is my first extrovert driven track. I will trust the engineers and that that they know what they are doing, Merry Christmas Everyone.!

Last edited:

Back