• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anyone have the Bikeman BOV?

Says in the description, that it gives that classic blow off valve sound when getting out of the throttle...?? Isn’t that what we don’t want?

And Isn’t that one of the things we love about the 998 turbo...no annoying cacophony when getting out of the throttle like the 1100 cat turbo?

That's a personal preference. I know a lot of people that like hearing the blow off. I kinda liked it on my Viper but it's not something I need to hear. If you're looking to upgrade from the stock BOV this is a good option for the people who do like the noise, and there are a lot that do.

I would rather have no sound. That is why I went with the stock muffler tunes. Now they tell me I need a new BOV to get the most out of the 270 portion of the tune. I hope the Turbosmart valve is quiet...……….

I would rather have no sound. That is why I went with the stock muffler tunes. Now they tell me I need a new BOV to get the most out of the 270 portion of the tune. I hope the Turbosmart valve is quiet...……….

I believe it is quiet.
And you/we may also need the 3 bar map sensor too to get optimum performance...

It dumps back into the intake just like the stock one. If your running the stock air filter/intake you'll never hear it.
With the underhood k&n intake I can hear mine through the filter.

My mistake I was talk about the turbo smart valve not the bikeman.

You can hear it on hurricanes video testing the stock muffler tunes when the sled is comeing thru the woods, i believe this is with cold air kit and bov, probly if stock airbox would be very little noise

I have the turbosmart with the Hurricane performance bundle and trail muffler. I didn't notice any change in sound when I switched out the stock BOV. I still have stock intake though.

I noticed that too. Just two weeks ago was no mention of the sensor. Hard to keep up with all the changes!

Lol exactly!

I thought I had everything I needed too....now the 3 bar may be needed for it to work optimally??? Oh well, if it’s going to make it optimal....

Any tune over 16.8psi should have a 3 bar map sensor installed

Lol exactly!

I thought I had everything I needed too....now the 3 bar may be needed for it to work optimally??? Oh well, if it’s going to make it optimal....

Yep me too!! Wife is going to kill me ...lol
I told her I wouldn't need anything but clutch weights, gauge flash and stock muffler tunes then I sneaked I a flasher!
And now i need a bov and map sensor. Time to stash some $$$...lol
May as well get a cold air intake while I'm at it

Yep me too!! Wife is going to kill me ...lol
I told her I wouldn't need anything but clutch weights, gauge flash and stock muffler tunes then I sneaked I a flasher!
And now i need a bov and map sensor. Time to stash some $$$...lol
May as well get a cold air intake while I'm at it

Lol, I told my wife I needed some snowmobile parts for Xmas. She said to just order them myself so she wouldn't get the wrong thing.
Okey Dokey: Storm 150, studs, CAI, Sandale Hyperflow, Hurricane header, Hurricane alignment tool, Data logger, wideband O2, new skis...........Surprise!!

Back