• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex upper and lower

Biggie

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apexs
ok you apex gurus, I'm in need of a set of upper and lower for this apex i picked up. Is there any difference from year to year and are the mountain arms shorter than short tracks. There is a full set on ebay but I'm questioning if the uppers are for my machine. My two apexs have the same from 06-07 but the one for sale one has extra cross support down close to the spindle???

Mountain apex has a narrower front ski stance than the trail sleds to make carving/side hulling easier .

Mountain arms are shorter as mentioned.

Lower arms are same geometry and construction from 05- present on all Apex, Attak, Rage and Vector. Starting in 10 they got a grease zerk.

As for the uppers:

06-09 apex are the same and the uppers will be a aluminum with an extra support.
10-present apex are the same and the uppers will be steel, with a grease zerk and just a "u" shape. They do not have the extra support like the aluminum arms do.

05-09 vector and rage arms are the same geometry. Uppers are steel with no gusset.
10-present vector arms are same geometry. Uppers are steel with no gusset and have a grease zerk.

I have lots of arms in stock if ones on ebay don't work out. When looking a pics its often hard to tell if they are from a mountain sled. I had a customer last year that bought a set from ebay for an Apex GT and they were mt arms. Seller didn't liste them properly.

Well guess wewl find out, seller assured me the c/c measurements are same as mine and they are not from aiuntain machine. Thanks I'll keep ya in mind if these are not correct.

I would trust barn of parts over anyone on ebay he is a great addition to this site.

Well, as luck would have it, the arms I received from another ebay member -- I'm not blaming him at this time as I was the dummy and didn't measure to ensure they were the same -- I rebuilt and installed only to notice that the front of the machine is 2+ inches lower than my other gt and the spindles are differently canted inward on the tops. So I got the tape out and low and behold the uppers are approximately 1/4" shorter and and the bottom shock mount hole is approximately 5/8" lower. Yes, I rushed this project and didn't take the time I should have. Now I get to remove and buy these again. I'm really just needing some insight on what these are off of so I can accurately list them for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 122
Those look like RX1 uppers to me.......

Those look like RX1 uppers to me.......

I agree....those are RX-1 Upper A arms. The center to center will be different between and RX and Apex.

The center to center of an RX-1 lower will be identical to the Apex. The difference between the two lies in the location of the shock mount. On an RX-1 lower the shock mount is closer to the spindle. Measure the distance from the center of the shock hole to the spindle on the questionable arms, and compare it to the measurement on your other known correct sled. If they are the same then its just your upper arms that need replaced.

You are correct the uppers are shorter and the lowers shock mount hole is 1 1/4" closer to spindle, that's where the lowering the from is coming from. This set that was sold to me as Apex RTX are really RX1 Thanks for knowledge and depending on he accepts this will be contacting you for that correct set.

Back