• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex won't start after storage

MIViper

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Viper
I removed an 06 Apex from storage and installed the battery in it, reassemble airbox and etc. Turned the key in the on position and let sit for 5-10 seconds and the tach cycled and dash lights came on and then everything went dead. I turned the key off and back on and nothing. I checked and I have battery voltage but nothing will work at all. I did noticed that there was a clicking noise by the left footwell when i turned the key to the on position the very first time.

Any help would be appreciated.

It could be a couple of things... was the battery charged/maintained during the off season 'cause if it wasn't and let do drain/die it could be DONE/FRIED it won't hold any charge so get it check, the second thing I would check is your CONNECTIONS make sure that their nice and clean no corosion and tight use DEILETIC grease on connections...by what you described I'd say its your battery, get yourself a OPTIMATE III or 4 battery charger and try to recoop it.

Check out the link, click "MPeG" at the top video explains how it works...

http://www.optimate-sp.com/

Battery

Thanks for the quick responce. I will check the battery out tomorrow. I hit it with a tricle charger every 60ish days since March and then again before I installed into the machine today. I know the connections are good and corossion free. What puzzles me is that it still has 12.36 Volts.

I'll recheck the battery and connections and let you know.

Thanks again!

Also check the famous KILL switch, it has to be pulled OUT or else the sled will not start or show signs of life...you might of accidently hit it? :dunno:

Kill Switch

That was the first thing I checked. I learned that from my Vector. ;)!

Battery

It was a bad battery. It had a surface charge but wouldn't stand up to a load. Got a new AGM Battery and installed it and we are ready for snow.

Thanks for your help!

Now, what are you going to use to charge the thing at least monthly during the off season? Do you have the right charger for that type of battery?

Charger

Yes, automatic with temperature compansation.

Hey, we're headed your way tonight for the weekend.

Re: Charger

MIViper said:
Yes, automatic with temperature compansation.

Hey, we're headed your way tonight for the weekend.

I won't be in until Saturday Evening. Please feel free to stop by, though.

555 James street.

(231) 745-9241

take 8th Ave east out of downtown to trout farm. road turns into James street right after bridge. Road turns to South. Third drive on the right heading south. Long drive. May want to call ahead so I can corral the dog. The east Baldwin bypass sled trail crosses my drive too.

Back