• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex won't start.

tator

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
2011 apex. Got back from a trip 2 days ago. Sat on the trailer outside in - temps. Went to unload and fuel pump cycles. Everything lights up. Hit to start it just clicks. Battery new last year. Ideas?

Starter relay frozen or shot. Had to start mine with a long screwdriver for the remainder of a trip when my relay went out.

I thought if the relay was froze it wouldn't click.
True..You may have a frozen starter or the dreaded dead spot on the starter motor. Had that as well. Hitting it with a screwdriver or metal rod may it going again but it might be a short lived repair if its a dead spot on the armature.
When my starter was going out on me I had to start the sled by holding the key on start and hitting the starter. PITA
Removed the starter and was hoping it only needed brushes but it didn't. The armature was fried. Bought a known good used starter and was good to go.
Also check all connections from the battery to the relay to the starter. Make sure they are tight and clean.

I believe the starter was froze I put it in the shed, went back out and it fired right up. We are riding in a lot of deep snow over the weekend and there was a lot of snow in the engine compartment

Back