• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

attak over revving

yamhaattakman

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 yamaha attak
i ha e looked on site and haven seen mutch to help. i have an 07 attak. just got a pc5 and a good map. i have a realy open airbox mod and a header and huack exaust. with new map im makin lots of power. pulls realy hard. but max i have seen was 155 km hour. wht is my next step it was revving at 11 or just under. more weight or move up to a 24 gear to bring rpm dow and add some top end?

What clutches are in the sled? Stock or aftermarket?
Overrev control is best resolved with adding some weight in the tip. A quick fix would be to drop the secondary wrap down one.
You should be at 10,800 in perfect conditions.

ya i wasnt happy with too emd. have wicked botte. end tho burt hard #*$&@ heck o fuel too now

what kind of clutching do you have? If you are running heelclickers make sure you notch the sheave behind the weight so it can fully open.
Take a permanent marker and draw a line from the top of the primary fixed sheave to the bottom, this will tell you if your clutches are fully opening.
What gearing, drivers and track do you have?
I have a very similar setup with a 1" hacksaw, 21/38 gearing heel clickers reving 11000 and am always close or over 110mph on gps

Back