• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

back fire and hard starting

Headers crack along the weld.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/here-...one-with-header-problems.129862/#post-1163559
Silencer they start by blowing the white stuff out around shield then will start melting plastic. Was very common on 14 and 15's.
That is my stock header in the picture and I went through 2 of them before going to SLP header on both of my vipers. You could not see the bad weld without removing the header, it was on the bottom side of the weld.

thankyou i have this saturday off. should be able to take it apart.

got into it monday night to put in a new track. went a little further and pulled the gas tank and the pipe off and cannot find a crack.... blocked off both ends and used a smoke machine even. we got a new battery along with oil change and chain case cover gaskets. tonight the new track is going in. chain case is the only kinda crappy part. does anyone have a good diagram to help with the chain case we took pictures but it kinda falls apart when pulling the case half off.

Last edited:
got into it monday night to put in a new track. went a little further and pulled the gas tank and the pipe off and cannot find a crack.... blocked off both ends and used a smoke machine even. we got a new battery along with oil change and chain case cover gaskets. tonight the new track is going in. chain case is the only kinda crappy part. does anyone have a good diagram to help with the chain case we took pictures but it kinda falls apart when pulling the case half off.
Port Yamaha has nice parts diagrams. FAQ sticky here has a bunch of how too with pics. How’s top gear bushing? Feel free to call me if you need more help over phone.

Bushing and everything looks good even the gears. Hardly any material sitting on the bottom of the cover or on those little magnets on the drive shaft. I will take a look at the diagrams. Thank you for offering the phone call I may have to use that haha

got her all back to together and working and everything.... got the new battery in... it did start funny 5 out of the last 10 times but allways stated on the second try. i wish there was some way to hook my snap on scanner to it haha would be way easier to figure it out...

Maybe I missed it in the previous posts, is the Viper you’re having issues with stock or modified?

Good question. If it has newest flash many do take 2 starts to start. Some 1. Dealer can check or pm me the Vin and I will get it checked.

it is all stock except for a 1.5 composite track... Ill pm you the vin this weekend cannondale

Back