• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ball joint Update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rode my nytro all season i put skis on it and had the rear shocks revalved, i put 2600 miles on it and when i put it away i saw the underwear haning out of both lower ball joints, im gonna ask my dealer in the fall if they will change them but if someone came up with a better on id just buy them i love the sled and this is a small price to pay for the fun i had on it, you guys gotta remember this is a toy, if you cant afford the toy and its upkeep the dont buy it in the first place

jds1000 said:
obr said:
Is it the lower one that breaks? Do you need to take the suspension of to feel the slack? I was just at my dealer and had a look at 4-5 used Nytro's there, but couldn't ffel anything? :dunno:

Trust Me all the lower ball joints on 08 Nytros are junk. Take off the shock and spindle and be amazed at how the ball joints flop around. It wouldn't surprise Me if the ball joints on a Nytro with a couple thousand miles just fell off completely. I could see this as a real safety issue if left unchecked. The scary part of all this is I wonder how the hell did the Yamaha engineers let these very poor ball joints make it to production!! Did they ride and test these sleds?? Did they check them out after testing?? Had they tested these front ends and still gave them the thumbs up then this is very very disturbing!

ok, so you have to take it apart to feel it? Thanks will do just that.

You dont have to take it apart to tell just jack the front up and let the skis hang and you sill see the slop in the ball joints. Its not hard to tell if there is a problem as it should be pretty solid form the skis to the spindles to the a-arms.

MrSled said:
You dont have to take it apart to tell just jack the front up and let the skis hang and you sill see the slop in the ball joints. Its not hard to tell if there is a problem as it should be pretty solid form the skis to the spindles to the a-arms.

You'll notice alot if play in the a arm bushings though as well, this is "normal"

pete24 said:
i rode my nytro all season i put skis on it and had the rear shocks revalved, i put 2600 miles on it and when i put it away i saw the underwear haning out of both lower ball joints, im gonna ask my dealer in the fall if they will change them but if someone came up with a better on id just buy them i love the sled and this is a small price to pay for the fun i had on it, you guys gotta remember this is a toy, if you cant afford the toy and its upkeep the dont buy it in the first place

Samething happen to me. Rode my sled hard all season and noticed towards the end of the season that the brass jacket hanging out . Took my sled to the dealer and he fixed it no problems.

TurboJamie said:
BTW if it didn't make a difference what we all say and think I am pretty sure the 09's wouldn't have gotten any changes made to them ;)

Do you really think that the 09's only had changes done because of consumers, :o| FYI, 09's were already being rode before most guys even had any miles on there new 08's last year. But It looks like you seem to know everything. Also if it's such a huge deal, why does this thread have 3000+ views and only 6 pages with mostly the same guys typing. hmmmmm guess not everyone is pissed as you are. From what I have seem in the past Dealers will be told what is going to happen when they attend their tech seminars and then it goes from there. Some Ball Joints did have some premature wear on them, There will be new ball joints for sure. But I highly doubt new front ends for everyone with a nytro.

You know what its just not worth it. When your front end fails and your left sledless maybe you too will understand.

Jamie doesnt know how to relax. I think I have all his reponses memorized... I see the same posts over and over.

MrSled said:
Jamie doesnt know how to relax. I think I have all his reponses memorized... I see the same posts over and over.

Funny the site admin gets to attack as well now. Yup Jamie you cool it but let everyone else voice their opinion. I can only hope the guys who act this way towards me end up in the same boat.

No Jamie, I tried to make you ease up until the updates have actually been addressed but you continued to push.... you didn't take the hints so I took a more direct approach... so why not try something else....LOL

Then you slam me for trying to get the word out without speculation?? Dude you're not alone.... we all know!!

Well that about did it for me... so we have to lock it down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back