• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ball joint Update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to get the 09 frontend-- my subframe is bent, but after changing skis - I wasn't complaining about my handling.
My shocks are in getting re-valved right now, so that will be fixed.
My biggest remaining issue is the worthless hand warmers. And after talking to a rep at the 09 show - I don't see a fix coming. He said it was an issue with the stator output. I'm still crossing my fingers - hopeing for a fix this fall. But this is the big deal for me. I'll live with the 08 frontend, but give me warm hands.

Yamahnator said:
TurboJamie said:
unpride said:
In this sport if you can basically upgrade to an 09 for less than a 1000 dollars then buy all means send me the bill. My dealer has said nothing to me about paying for this update but if I have to I will. If I wanted a sled that breaks down, burns up, and leaves me standed I would of picked up my 800XP X I ordered. Yeah my ball joints are ruined but I think the subframe is still straight.(I have never really looked at it close and dont plan on it) The Nytro was good to me and even with the minimal amount of problems they had i'd buy another. There wasnt one issue that would leave someone stranded on the trail and that says alot.

I don't think your 800r xp comment is fair having logged 6587 trouble free miles with gas and oil only, I beleive that statement is a little harsh. I could say the same of my nytro which layed in the shop the majority of the winter awaiting a back ordered subframe.

In the end we all sit and wait to hear of an update or what will be done. The nytro has mega potential and an awesome engine, I haven't sold mine yet still waiting to see what is going to be done this fall on weather I keep it or dump it. The deal breaker is keep it if they fix it free dump it if there is any cost to fix or update what so ever.

LOL, oh the irony of you saying that his comment isn't "fair." What happened to being "fair" to most of us who went through an awesome season with our Nytro's? Anytime we say anything like this you basically call us delusional. I've said this before, I could provide plenty of examples (far more actually, but to be "fair" there are more Doo's out there) of people who are as mad at BRP and their XP's as you were at your Nytro.

We get it, you had a bad experience. I don't blame you for being mad, but your incessant rants that we're all in the same boat just is not true. Once I changed out my ski's and set up my sled it absolutely rocked. So much so, that this is the first year I'm actually keeping a sled rather than updating. If Yamaha offers an upgrade to the 09 front end, I may take it, I may not. I think those whose subframes are bent should be taken care of don't get me wrong, but just updating everyones is not realistic.

People claiming no problems with the nytro are dilusional. Look at the balljoints,subframs,a arms, float revalve, threads etc... on here there are problems coming off as though they don't exist is delusional. Funny you bring up the xp again I didn't mention it once in this thread we are not comparing the two we are discussing the the nytro. And what we hope yyamaha is going to do for us owners. You also mention changing your skis, is that a cost you feel the owner should have to incure because the facotry one is below industry standard?

yamy07 said:
I would love to get the 09 frontend-- my subframe is bent, but after changing skis - I wasn't complaining about my handling.
My biggest remaining issue is the worthless hand warmers. And after talking to a rep at the 09 show - I don't see a fix coming. He said it was an issue with the stator output. I'm still crossing my fingers - hopeing for a fix this fall. But this is the big deal for me. I'll live with the 08 frontend, but give me warm hands.
You want warm hands put the 06 apex handlebars and warmers on, works more then great.

Topgun said:
yamy07 said:
You want warm hands put the 06 apex handlebars and warmers on, works more then great.

Did you do the rewire on them as well?

TurboJamie said:
Yamahnator said:
TurboJamie said:
unpride said:
In this sport if you can basically upgrade to an 09 for less than a 1000 dollars then buy all means send me the bill. My dealer has said nothing to me about paying for this update but if I have to I will. If I wanted a sled that breaks down, burns up, and leaves me standed I would of picked up my 800XP X I ordered. Yeah my ball joints are ruined but I think the subframe is still straight.(I have never really looked at it close and dont plan on it) The Nytro was good to me and even with the minimal amount of problems they had i'd buy another. There wasnt one issue that would leave someone stranded on the trail and that says alot.

I don't think your 800r xp comment is fair having logged 6587 trouble free miles with gas and oil only, I beleive that statement is a little harsh. I could say the same of my nytro which layed in the shop the majority of the winter awaiting a back ordered subframe.

In the end we all sit and wait to hear of an update or what will be done. The nytro has mega potential and an awesome engine, I haven't sold mine yet still waiting to see what is going to be done this fall on weather I keep it or dump it. The deal breaker is keep it if they fix it free dump it if there is any cost to fix or update what so ever.

LOL, oh the irony of you saying that his comment isn't "fair." What happened to being "fair" to most of us who went through an awesome season with our Nytro's? Anytime we say anything like this you basically call us delusional. I've said this before, I could provide plenty of examples (far more actually, but to be "fair" there are more Doo's out there) of people who are as mad at BRP and their XP's as you were at your Nytro.

We get it, you had a bad experience. I don't blame you for being mad, but your incessant rants that we're all in the same boat just is not true. Once I changed out my ski's and set up my sled it absolutely rocked. So much so, that this is the first year I'm actually keeping a sled rather than updating. If Yamaha offers an upgrade to the 09 front end, I may take it, I may not. I think those whose subframes are bent should be taken care of don't get me wrong, but just updating everyones is not realistic.

People claiming no problems with the nytro are dilusional. Look at the balljoints,subframs,a arms, float revalve, threads etc... on here there are problems coming off as though they don't exist is delusional. Funny you bring up the xp again I didn't mention it once in this thread we are not comparing the two we are discussing the the nytro. And what we hope yyamaha is going to do for us owners. You also mention changing your skis, is that a cost you feel the owner should have to incure because the facotry one is below industry standard?

Why dont you just sell the Nytro and make yourself as well as all the other people on this site happy. Nobody wants to here you complain constantly! It gets old real quick. Everytime I look and see that you have responded to a thread I already know its going to be some type of complaint. It really doesnt make a difference what you say or think. The guys on this site enjoy their Nytros and are for the most part happy with them. After all this is a Yamaha site and your in a Nytro specific forum. Give it a break

Nobody wants to hear speculations on updates either. Gets old even faster.

Seems people only want to discuss the good and never the ugly. Too bad, cause I already know what's great about this sled. I want to learn what can be improved and what is being done to correct these "issues".
All the negative people, keep posting, some of us do read it.

Thanks Blue, I would like to keep my Nytro provided its looked after. If its not, it will be sold. Unpride if you want to take mine off my hands I will gladly leave the fx nytro section :)

BTW if it didn't make a difference what we all say and think I am pretty sure the 09's wouldn't have gotten any changes made to them ;)

I just got mine back from the dealer today they had to change the a arms i will be pissed if i have this happen next year and i have to pay for it

gormleyflyer2002 said:
MrSled said:
Jamie.... enough already... and everyone else go have a beer or something.

LOL.....who's buying.

new thread, lets discuss beer.

CDN vs USA beer

no debate required really.........cheers.

BK

I would rather talk beer...LOL

Come to my house for the summer fling and the beers is on me ;)!

I don't care about an entirely new front end, mine handled fine and the sub frame held up to 100 ft. jumps and multiple crashes. All I want are 2 friggin updated ball joints covered under warranty. Give me 2 ball joints and I'll be totally happy.

Nikolai said:
I don't care about an entirely new front end, mine handled fine and the sub frame held up to 100 ft. jumps and multiple crashes. All I want are 2 friggin updated ball joints covered under warranty. Give me 2 ball joints and I'll be totally happy.
You don't want any beer? :dunno:

Sorry, couldn't help it. :hide:

Is it the lower one that breaks? Do you need to take the suspension of to feel the slack? I was just at my dealer and had a look at 4-5 used Nytro's there, but couldn't ffel anything? :dunno:

obr said:
Is it the lower one that breaks? Do you need to take the suspension of to feel the slack? I was just at my dealer and had a look at 4-5 used Nytro's there, but couldn't ffel anything? :dunno:

Trust Me all the lower ball joints on 08 Nytros are junk. Take off the shock and spindle and be amazed at how the ball joints flop around. It wouldn't surprise Me if the ball joints on a Nytro with a couple thousand miles just fell off completely. I could see this as a real safety issue if left unchecked. The scary part of all this is I wonder how the hell did the Yamaha engineers let these very poor ball joints make it to production!! Did they ride and test these sleds?? Did they check them out after testing?? Had they tested these front ends and still gave them the thumbs up then this is very very disturbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back