• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery Jumper Cables

I had a post of my home made jumper cables with pictures but someone decided it needed to be deleted. I can guess who it was :moon: but wondering what reason he would have to delete it. I dont know why useful posts are being deleted. Found the old link but it say it does not exist so it was deleted.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... per+cables

Was going to direct you to the post for making your own but I cant and wont post it again just to be deleted. :o|

Sled Dog said:
I had a post of my home made jumper cables with pictures but someone decided it needed to be deleted. I can guess who it was :moon: but wondering what reason he would have to delete it. I dont know why useful posts are being deleted. Found the old link but it say it does not exist so it was deleted.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... per+cables

Was going to direct you to the post for making your own but I cant and wont post it again just to be deleted. :o|

Come on Sled Dog-

Don't be like that. Some of us are very interested. Especially me!!!

PLEASE????

Todd

Yea yea ok just because I like you. lol I just looked for the pictures on my puter and I must have deleted them so I cant repost them. So what I did was buy some small welding cable or heavy duty wire the wire may be a better way to go for storage purposes. I used the small welding cable made them 5 feet long and bought the small booster clips (you can buy them at any hardware store with red and black handles). You then simply solder them with a propane torch. I then siliconed the plastic red and black handles so they dont move on you when using them. Let the handle dry and your done. Wish I had the picture of the final product but I dont sorry. The other route you could go is buy some pliable heavy duty wire and some aligator clips and solder the ends on would be lighter easier to store and would still do the job but may take a bit longer to jump start is all. Good luck! The ones from http://www.mountainperformance.com/yama ... _parts.htm plug into the light socket of any sled then to your sled.

jumper cables

Hi all yama dudes i was just looking around the other night at canadian tire in canada and i found a neice little pair they even come in a little bag i would say about 6 gauge and8 feet long i think i paid somewhere around $ 20.00 bucks 4 them there awesome and at that rate it would be a waste of time making your own up i think anyway .......

hi guy what i done on my attak... i move the key switch and used it to install a second acc output always on 12 volts so it is easy to charge it with an other sled ,,put the 2 acc plug together...

I hate to say this but I've never actually pulled them out of the plastic yet. The RTX starts right up with no problems. LOL

They are made for small cars as it says on the package. Figured they will work when I need them for a sled. Can't remember what I payed but it was one of those 50% off bins near the checkouts. $10 I think

Attachments

• 0111212_160_CC_60043.jpg
    0111212_160_CC_60043.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,081
I like to idea of a 12v source (plug in type) direct to the battery BUT it'll need to be fused! The idea of NOT opening a side panel to jump the sled is a good idea. One would guess a 20amp fuse would be plenty for even jumping a sled. The head light plug/ jumper cable type sure seems like light gauge wiring for jumping a sled. THere are way sharper guys on here than I when it comes to this stuff but I DON'T like the smell of melting wiring!!!

Back