• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best muffler for 13 Nytro XTX

hurricaine performance hindle set up proven power more top end, wicked trottle response and weight reduction you cant go wrong with them and still run on 87!

Last edited:
I am new to the 4 stroke scene, but does an aftermarket muffler really make much differance? In the two stroke world, they are simply louder than the OEM, many times they actually lower actually hp. Now the tuned pipe is another idea, but I would think this would be similar to changing the header on a 4 stroke. Am I wrong?

I know I added a trail mbrp muffler mostly for the 9lbs it dropped off the rear of my sled, and the claimed 2hp is just a bonus. It really isn't that much louder than stock, deeper sounding however.

It's much different in the 4 stroke world.
Muffler only....2-4 hp, depending on make
Header with stock muffler...5-6 hp, depending on make
Full exhaust...7-10 hp, depending on make
Full exhaust, airbox mod/K&Ns, full controller...10-18 hp,depending on who's kit
Plus the weight loss is big. Full Hindle weighs about 8 lbs if I remember correctly, stock is about 17-18 lbs. stock muffler is 13lbs...Hindle slipon is about 3lbs.

The skinz ultra q sounds great but not to. Loud to get you in alot of trouble. I have one off my old Nytro for sale pm me if interested

Is anyone running the Barker, and is it too loud? HP gains? Fit n finish?

i have an Ultra Q and love it. deeper tone with a little more noise but not too loud to run a few hundred miles a day with.

Is anyone running the Barker, and is it too loud? HP gains? Fit n finish?
Barker is very loud, hp gain is good. They sell silencer packs, don't know how well they work though.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

I have the super Q from skinz and love it, says 7hp gain and 10lbs lighter or the other way around not sure. The fit was perfect and has a great bark to it, last year was messing around and came out on the trail and 1/4 mile down the trail there was 2 DNR guys and a sled getting checked, I just held 1/4 throttle as I came by, my brother told me when I drove by the one DNR guy he held up a square box and pointed at me when I went by and then went back to the guy he had sitting there, he didnt come after me so guess I was good. We figured it was a sound meter cause they like to check mufflers here in WI

Back