• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Ski For Nytro / Aggressive trail riding

m.schuey7

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Hello All,

I have been using the Stock Nytro Ski and Bergstrom carbide since 2011 with good results, tried the Pilot setup but did not like the under-steer and basic lack of grip on the trails and went back to stock. Looking to try something else now, any suggestions?

Curve xs all the way, search posts you will see.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Stock skis with Snowtrackers.

Stock skis with Snowtrackers.

If strictly trail riding stock skis with snow trackers will handle awesome. No push. Lighter steering and no darting.

For guys that ride more off trail non groomed trails I recommend curves since they work well in loose powder snow.

I've run both and opt for trackers due to lighter steering effort. I am however testing a set of snow trackers on curves this winter... Which should be a home run package as trackers should lighten steering effort.

SplitRail Skis, 20,000km on them.

Curves are good. I prefer C&A Razors. Slim Jim dooly carbides on either work great.

I was talking to the Curve rep at the Toronto Sled Show, and told him about a buddy that has C&A's with a dooly bar and he thought that was insane.

So why spend the money on good high performance skis only to throw that big blunt bar underneath...why not a good 6 or 8 inch shaper bar?

What have others done?
MS

Agree with Split Rails, I could not believe the difference they made on my sleds steering and handling.

C&A TRX with a 7.5" shaper has worked best for me in the past....might try Bergstroms this year on them.

Split Rails do work amazing in a Nytro, I rode their pre production ski on their Nytro and was very impressed...however they're pricey. Consider that they come with an entire spindle and carbide for the money and it's not a bad deal.

I have the C&A MTX ski's on my RTX Nytro and am very happy with them. They are awesome on trail and really help float the front off trail

Back