• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best way to Polish tunnel remove salt stains?

Ryanmlt1

Hi guys, still new here. My 06 Attak with 4900 mi. has what I would call Salt stains? Not sure what else to call it. Its bare aluminum, I know some are painted. Its slightly discolored with green and whitish marks. Most likely from being trailer'd and not being washed after.

Is there anything I can use to polish it out. I'm not looking for a mirror finish just to get the salt and greenish tinge out.

Try Mother's Billet Polish, it seems to be the most popular product here for a quick shine. Next step up would be to buy a kit that contains buffing pads and compound for a high speed drill- and for true mirror finish get out lots of fine grit sand paper and start wet sanding.

I would try a pre-wash/scrub with some baking soda/powder water solution first just to see if that helps any with the staining?

If so, then a quick polish with whatever product you choose will be all it needs.

Flitz, comes in a toothpaste tube, great stuff. Reacts great with aluminum.
Mothers works well but if it really oxidized it doesnt bring it up to a mirror finish. You have to do it multiple times and tons of elbow grease, the Flitz stuff is way more agressive on the metal.
MS

Irv said:
I would try a pre-wash/scrub with some baking soda/powder water solution first just to see if that helps any with the staining?

If so, then a quick polish with whatever product you choose will be all it needs.

X2

I've used several times and converted all my friends to white diamond polish - amazing stuff, works awesome, and a lot less work then any other polish I've tried on aluminum

Attachments

• IMG_0513 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0513 [1024x768].JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 117
Kaz said:
Where are you purchasing the White Diamond Polish in Ontario?
Kaz

X2?

most truck stops carry it. i know the fifth wheel in Milton has it as well as the one in Woodstock. ;)!

sgauthier said:
most truck stops carry it. i know the fifth wheel in Milton has it as well as the one in Woodstock. ;)!

Cool, I pass by the 5th Wheel twice a day so might have to check that out.

I've 1st cleaned w/a WD40-soaked rag to get the grime off, then wipe a clean rag to remove residue then follow up w/Never Dull. Doesn't leave a mirror finish but I don't want that anyway. This is a quick-n-easy process

Back