• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big warmup of 2023 here already???

KnappAttack

24X ISR World Drag Racing Champion
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
This is not looking good. 43* here now today...... Third day in a row this week already.

We had the best winter going in a very long time here in southern MN. The trails have been EPIC. Its been a great four weeks anyway, I hope we can follow this warm spell up with some good cood weather and get another shot of snow to finish the season strong and on a high note. I have over 1700 miles total on for the season thus far, be nice to finish it off and go till at last the fist or second week in March. Is that too much to ask for?

Going to hopefully try riding on Friday, but really not looking good after that with the thawing and rain we have had already.

9DE59EB9-5DE0-41D3-B838-509D2FB3DA4D.jpeg

This is not looking good. 43* here now today...... Third day in a row this week already.

We had the best winter going in a very long time here in southern MN. The trails have been EPIC. Its been a great four weeks anyway, I hope we can follow this warm spell up with some good cood weather and get another shot of snow to finish the season strong and on a high note. I have over 1700 miles total on for the season thus far, be nice to finish it off and go till at last the fist or second week in March. Is that too much to ask for?

Going to hopefully try riding on Friday, but really not looking good after that with the thawing and rain we have had already.

View attachment 171431
I really am hoping it isn't the case! Have had great riding in the metro and Central MN since Christmas which is pretty rare. The base has been so great this year that its really held up through some junk days. Fingers crossed, but I think riding is going to be limited beyond this weekend to a few places further north.

I really am hoping it isn't the case! Have had great riding in the metro and Central MN since Christmas which is pretty rare. The base has been so great this year that its really held up through some junk days. Fingers crossed, but I think riding is going to be limited beyond this weekend to a few places further north.

Heard them talking on the news last night that a big storm is possible after Valentines Day. He spoke about 16" perhaps. So for sure, fingers crossed and doing a snow dance! If we dont get snow its going to spell the end from the looks of it. We deserve a good winter after last years shutout!

Heard them talking on the news last night that a big storm is possible after Valentines Day. He spoke about 16" perhaps. So for sure, fingers crossed and doing a snow dance! If we dont get snow its going to spell the end from the looks of it. We deserve a good winter after last years shutout!
John Dee mentioned the GFS was indicating a storm around that time as well so we will have to see!

Its painful for sure... Lucky enough our local club is supposed to have a fun run this weekend but at the rate things are going I'm not sure the trails will be rideable. Fingers crossed.

1700 miles good for you Mike!!

I have been swamped with work projects, minus one zero off those numbers and that’s what I have. Ugh!

Yeh it is 50 plus in Houghton, Michigan today and Don is up there breaking in his new Lynx. Yikes!!

This warm up is a month too early.

We are having a terrible winter here in the Northeast.

We had a shutout last year here too. Typically it seems we may get 1 good for about 5 bad years it seems in Southern MN. Nothing like the winters when we were kids at all. -20F, cold winters and snowstorms used to be quite common. Now it's become a rarity.

I am basically 400 miles due north of Minneapolis and we had 40F here today as well! Lucky it looks like the only day that warm for a while but we are way below are normal snow on the ground as we basically had only one snow storm all winter. This year is a bit of a let down as last year we had conditions as good as they have ever been.
Good news is the trails are open and groomed and we have been riding regularly. Tomoro we are riding from here North on a 300 mile return day trip.

I'm not far from Mike and several local clubs have actually closed the trails (many southern MN snowmobile trail systems use and cross lots of private land and the system can be shut down by closing the field gates). They're hoping people will stay off them until they freeze back up and we get some more snow. Unfortunately, many guys don't so it ruins the last of the ice base under snow. Game over.

Our winter has sucked. Warm up coming. only 400 miles so far. I am used to getting 3000 miles.
Going to Canada for week next month to find snow.

I’m in central NH and it’s dismal. No local riding. 2018 was the last year we had good snow and local riding. Since then we are lucky to get trails open 2 or 3 weeks and when they do open they get beat to death in weekend. This has been the mildest winter I have seen in 50 plus years. Swamps never froze. I’m seriously thinking of selling.

Back