• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big warmup of 2023 here already???

Just spent 5 days in north eastern MN. Trails were amazing! Snow depth several feet. Best trails I've been on in about 15 years. Groomed to pool table flat every night. Light sled traffic so didn't get beat up by end of the day. Trip to remember. Hats off to the clubs and even the State for running the heck out of the groomers!

Only regret was I couldn't find any Boosts to shut down.

We rode 250 miles over the weekend in Minnesota not one groomed trail. My Minnesota trail pass turned up missing off my sled. The Dnr around Hay Creek asked where it was. She remembered me from 4 weeks ago and let me go!
I was in Hay Creek Sunday for a burger. Place was packed, by the time we got seated and fed two plus hours had elapsed.

Yep DNR stopped us too but we were all good, the sleds in front of us got nailed though.

I got 104 miles on, two guys with me a got more, they live in Cannon Falls. From Welch to hwy 52 was ROUGH! Farmington was all groomed. I had first tracks when I left there in the morning.
We rode from Shakopee down to Lexington Clear Lake and back up to Spring Lake and Prior Lake. Prior Lake has been heavily used. Lots of sheriffs or dnr out also
Oh yes Prior Lake is too busy. I grew up down near Lexington so I know that area well. I used to keep my sled down there in dad’s shop but he hung up riding 10 years ago. He is 86 now.

Only regret was I couldn't find any Boosts to shut down.
LOL!!

Getting back to the muscle sled arena again like the 1990’s with Doo now jumping into the 850 turbo game.

I wish Yamaha/Cat would crank up the stock boost on the 998T just to keep it interesting.

This is it this time. All of Eastern Ontario just shut down with the rain we just had all day. I did go out Thur for a 120km ride knowing today would happen. Trails were actually pretty good considering the above freezing temps we had for the past few days but was mostly rough at road crossings and ditch runs. Despite the previous melt, we had a pretty decent season. Did over 2000km all in this region however river crossings never opened.

Time to do the maintenance and replace the broken windshield over the summer.

Big storm coming for Northern Ontario.
The media is calling it 'the storm of the century'....we'll see about that.
The media tend to sensationalize headlines these days.
Nonetheless, looks like a great dump of snow!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230318_075009_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20230318_075009_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Big storm coming for Northern Ontario.
The media is calling it 'the storm of the century'....we'll see about that.
The media tend to sensationalize headlines these days.
Nonetheless, looks like a great dump of snow!
I seen pics of kap and the cochrane area, a good 24” came down..

Back