• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown Viper Motor. Diesel fuel.

I want to add something to the thread. If you run the MPI flatland turbo kit keep it to 4pds. I would not recommend running it without minimum of a boost gauge and a A.F. gauge. I apologize for my rash statement about the kit being a ticking time bomb in the manner I did. I should have been more clear but was letting emotion rule my thought process.

Bad info led to the motor in question melting down. To late for him but not for others. To those I offended with my words I'm sorry but as an opinionated person I'm kind of prone to repeat myself. So I'll throw a future sorry in as well.

Very well said! ;)!

I want to add something to the thread. If you run the MPI flatland turbo kit keep it to 4pds. I would not recommend running it without minimum of a boost gauge and a A.F. gauge. I apologize for my rash statement about the kit being a ticking time bomb in the manner I did. I should have been more clear but was letting emotion rule my thought process.

Bad info led to the motor in question melting down. To late for him but not for others. To those I offended with my words I'm sorry but as an opinionated person I'm kind of prone to repeat myself. So I'll throw a future sorry in as well.

You have been a bad sasquatch so there will be no more chasing moose or stealing the neighbors sheep for midnight snacks until you can learn restraint and only say nice things.LaLaLa

Lots has happened since I was out of cell range. Sled was back together and got to take it to the mountains and it worked for almost 3 of the 6 days. 200 miles. After tuning and clutching for the better part of two mornings it was getting close and blew the forward motion. Back up like crazy. Loaded it I to the trailer and unloaded the spare sled.
Ran in the mountains with a Nytro runnin 15 psi said 6 was low. Anyways.

As for the set up of the sled it was dealer set up and authorized to turn up the boost. Everyone and everywhere I read up on the turbo sleds before I bought one said as long as you are below 6psi a afr gauge is not needed a boost gauge just incase something goes wrong you can have a look to see if it's boost related.

Found out why it blew up and why no one has ever seen one blow up like that and when I can talk about it I will.

Charlie and Brian you guys will be put on a time out...... Your both like brothers to me one of you is the ugly one and the other lives in a different province. In the end you both look out for me and I miss our rides.

I did ride the new Cat m800 153 and no matter what we did to the viper m153 it would not come close to the ride and control in the mountains of the cat.

Lots has happened since I was out of cell range. Sled was back together and got to take it to the mountains and it worked for almost 3 of the 6 days. 200 miles. After tuning and clutching for the better part of two mornings it was getting close and blew the forward motion. Back up like crazy. Loaded it I to the trailer and unloaded the spare sled.
Ran in the mountains with a Nytro runnin 15 psi said 6 was low. Anyways.

As for the set up of the sled it was dealer set up and authorized to turn up the boost. Everyone and everywhere I read up on the turbo sleds before I bought one said as long as you are below 6psi a afr gauge is not needed a boost gauge just incase something goes wrong you can have a look to see if it's boost related.

Found out why it blew up and why no one has ever seen one blow up like that and when I can talk about it I will.

Charlie and Brian you guys will be put on a time out...... Your both like brothers to me one of you is the ugly one and the other lives in a different province. In the end you both look out for me and I miss our rides.

I did ride the new Cat m800 153 and no matter what we did to the viper m153 it would not come close to the ride and control in the mountains of the cat.

While I will agree you saw what you did while riding you did not have too. Let me explain.

Had you read my posts here you would know the MTX comes with the wrong spring and makes the sled nose heavy and it trenches. I know this because a little over a year ago I had a 2014 M8 and we bought the girlfriend an XTX and I converted it to a 153 MTX. BUT, it did not handle anything like the M8 yet they looked the same. Further inspection showed the only difference I could find was the location of the front skid shock and the spring pressure. On hers I relocated the mount point and then it handled JUST LIKE THE M8.

I liked it so much I bought an XTX and converted mine but put on Ice Age rails and a 162 track with 3 inch lugs. Instead of relocating holes I put a 135 pound spring like comes on the LTX and RTX and it was better but not right. I put on a 145 pound spring and WOW just like the M8 the front dances and feels air light. Note I am 165 pounds weight and if you are bigger a 160 spring would be my suggestion.

After my air box mod, can, and clutch mod my Viper outran my M8 so I took a beating and sold it.

So yeah, stock the MTX is nose heavy. 60 bucks and 15 minutes fixes that. I answered this post so others would not think they needed an M8 to get the kind of handling an M8 has.

Thanks!

Oh Yeah Cat or Viper the skis suck change them before you ride....lol

Just to clarify you are saying this is not a common problem or one that is ever seen, not for my sake but for the people on this thread that are convenced that the snowchecked turbo will blow up a sled sooner or later. Sence you cant talk about it i imagine you are in a leagle battle?

I have the 160 lb spring in mine. I didn't get to adjust it much.

It's nothing to do with Yamaha someone vandalized the sled. Diesel fuel in the tank while I had supper.
That's why I only got a short distance.

Do you drive or know someone that drives a diesel truck that you ride with?....this is not the first time I've heard a person putting diesel in a turbo sled with the same results but on a turbo phazer(not me).........just wondering if we are trying some new fuel options on high compression.

Gas station here in Colorado a while back the fuel truck driver dumped a bunch of diesel in the prem tank and didn't know it. Didn't know it till people started screaming

Maybe you could have this thread deleted then as it makes it sound like the turbos are having issues?

The whole reason for this was to see if anyone could tell me what could cause the failure of this engine the way it did. No one could tell me. The guys that build 4stroke motors for a living have never seen anything like it. It has been found out to be diesel will make it look like this. If they want to delete it so be it. There is a lot of info here that I will be saving first.

Back