• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bluetooth Helmet

nos

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
Anyone use one those bluetooth enabled helmets? They have BT capability built into the helmet so you can link to your phone or ipod. I was curious if they work well or not. They are not that expensive and it would be nice to listen to music while riding. What about the Scala G9? how much range do they have? Most or our riding is in the deep woods of the UP. Would they work well in this situation. The second rider is usually 1/4 to 1/2 mile back at times.

Last edited:

the G9 is great for playing music but if you and your riding partner aren't going to be very close to each other then don't expect this to work well at all! they don't work well in the area you want to ride so beware of this before forking out a few hundred dollars.

I have the G4...they suck, can't even get them paired anymore...good for music only.

I use The Sena sm10 with a clamp mount. We wear HJC modular helmets. Works quite well. They have a pretty good range. 1/4 mile or so. Very simple to use. Can listen to music, link with gps, and communicate. Cold doesn't bother them at all. We have had them on 10 hours continuous.

Me and my wife have Sena SM4 intercoms which are Bluetooth. The only Bluetooth device I use with it is my GPS. We use these intercoms all year for the 4 Wheeler, bike, and sled. They work quite well. My parents have the SM10 and they are very happy with them so the Sena seems like a good brand to get.

Back