• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOV questions on a rx1

BurrFabrication said:
Most bovs do open at idle. Bovs are hooked to manifold pressure. When the throttle plate closes, intake goes to vCuum and bov opens! Sometimes depends on set up idle vacuum is enough to open the bov.
The ssqv bovs work on rapid pressure change. They are never open under idle or full boost just the change in pressure.

What kinda noise does your bov make thats soo cool?
A single woosh? Or multiple pftt pfftt pffft[/quote

I guess I can see that being the case. I guess my valve has enough spring tension that it doesn't open then. I guess I forgot i'm all plumbed into the manifold side of things...

now I'm really confused….i thought if the valve was open to air at idle it would screw up the AFR?
and that it only opens when there is a drop in pressure at the carb (vacuum) and a rise in pressure on the charge tube.
but under boost both ends of the BOV have equal pressure……am i missing something?

Barry

I changed the BOV spring and now it expels the air great, however it clacks at idle…..like a bad hydralic lifter
then if i remove the clacking it doesn't open when the throttle shuts……….

WTF id going on…….help!

barry

srxguy said:
Just installed a new Tial BOV and can't wait to test it

I ran a tial wastegate on turbo car I had and was very impressed with the build and the quality.... BOV is probably just as good.

BurrFabrication said:
Most bovs do open at idle. Bovs are hooked to manifold pressure. When the throttle plate closes, intake goes to vCuum and bov opens! Sometimes depends on set up idle vacuum is enough to open the bov.
The ssqv bovs work on rapid pressure change. They are never open under idle or full boost just the change in pressure.

What kinda noise does your bov make thats soo cool?

what about fluttering during idle…….like a bad tappet sound…..works fine under boost..????

Back