• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brake fluid issue

DelgatyXTX

Expert
Recently changed my track and didn't realize I didn't have to pull the caliper apart. I put it all back together but now it won't pump fluid down the brake line. If I pump it the old stuff will come out the bleed screw when loosened but I can't get it to actually feed in. Whenever I've done this before I've always just pumped it and the air would bubble up as the line filled. Any help is appreciated.

I swapped the track in my '14 Viper and my brakes pumped up relatively easy. Basically normal per say.

A buddy of mine swap his track on his 2016 Cat 600 RR. He could not pump his brakes at all. He thought he broke something.
He dropped the sled off to my place and it took me a long time to pump the brakes.

I topped off the fluid in the reservoir, left the cover off ,opened the bleeder screw and let gravity drain the fluid for a while.
Then pumped the brakes with short fast strokes and it started to pump up. Took a long a.. time.
But they finally pumped up. Major pain.

I swapped the track in my '14 Viper and my brakes pumped up relatively easy. Basically normal per say.

A buddy of mine swap his track on his 2016 Cat 600 RR. He could not pump his brakes at all. He thought he broke something.
He dropped the sled off to my place and it took me a long time to pump the brakes.

I topped off the fluid in the reservoir, left the cover off ,opened the bleeder screw and let gravity drain the fluid for a while.
Then pumped the brakes with short fast strokes and it started to pump up. Took a long a.. time.
But they finally pumped up. Major pain.
Thanks! I left it all undone yesterday, hopefully gravity has done it's job by now.

Thanks for the help everyone! I figured out the problems. First was that the inner cup to move the inner pad was seized. Sled had been sitting a year. Second was that it took probably 1000 lever pumps and almost half a bottle of fluid to get all the air out. Finally got the brake nice and stiff and it's working fine.

Back