• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken Part?

Ohiohntr

Extreme
Not sure what this block is called back towards the end of the track....one side is broken almost all the way through and the other side has stress cracks.....2015 LTX DX 600mi

What is it called? Why did it break? And will it hurt to keep running it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 178

That is the coupler blocks, they're adjustable to change ski pressure and weight transfer, when you push on the rear bumper to collapse the suspension you'll see the flat spots on the rear arm that will eventually contact those blocks, be sure they are hitting flat and that the blocks aren't turned at a bad angle, if that's the case then I'm sure they could easily break.

Thank you sir...yes, much like other things on my sled they were not set right...plate contacts them exactly on the angle to cause them to break where they did.

I have no doubt thats what broke them. Its a 2 man job to adjust these. 1 person stands on bumper to compress rear suspension and other tightens the bolts. There is 3 positions 1,1,2,3

Does anyone know if this is something set by the assembling dealer or if these are set from the factory?

They are adjustable for the owner to set ride preferences. Not sure on a viper but on other sleds with these they will turn on there own sometimes.

Muffinworks has some billet aluminum ones that have 5 adjustments. If I was replacing them, that is what I would use.

Back