• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'M BACK!!!!

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
According to MrSled, I never left, but I officially actually OWN a Yamaha again.
I picked up my buds' '06 Apex RTX for a back-up sled.
With all my friends' "off trail" adventures, fires, broken sleds, I just NEEEEEEED a back-up.
With the season getting shorter & I travel further, I can NOT afford to NOT have a back-up!!!!!

Let's say I break my sled, which we ALL know I'm very good at and it's down for a week or more for parts & repairs.
Then the following weekend I have to work.
Then comes a wedding or Funeral.
Then it rains.
Then I cry cuz the season is over.
Crying makes my eyes sag making me look almost my age & girls don't like crying boys.
Then I don't get laid & stress starts to build.
Stress stresses me out causing my humor to be Abrasive & Mean.

I don't want to be mean so I bought a back-up!

I helped build this sled & rode with it all 12,000 miles.
I chased out the mice & am going through it now.
Working on it is soooo familiar & brings me to a time when Yamaha ruled the 4-stroke world & I proved to those 2-smokers what a "Heavy'' sled could do.

It's like an Old Girlfriend...................Lots of work...................Fun to Ride.................except this actually SOUNDS AWSOME

P.S: The "noise" is why she's usually an EX-girlfriend

Last edited:

According to MrSled, I never left, but I officially actually OWN a Yamaha again.
I picked up my buds' '06 Apex RTX for a back-up sled.
With all my friends' "off trail" adventures, fires, broken sleds, I just NEEEEEEED a back-up.
With the season getting shorter & I travel further, I can NOT afford to have a back-up!!!!!

Let's say I break my sled, which we ALL know I'm very good at and it's down for a week or more for parts & repairs.
Then the following weekend I have to work.
Then comes a wedding or Funeral.
Then it rains.
Then I cry cuz the season is over.
Crying makes my eyes sag making me look almost my age & girls don't like crying boys.
Then I don't get laid & stress starts to build.
Stress stresses me out causing my humor to be Abrasive & Mean.

I don't want to be mean so I bought a back-up!

I helped build this sled & rode with it all 12,000 miles.
I chased out the mice & am going through it now.
Working on it is soooo familiar & brings me to a time when Yamaha ruled the 4-stroke world & I proved to those 2-smokers what a "Heavy'' sled could do.

It's like an Old Girlfriend...................Lots of work...................Fun to Ride.................except this actually SOUNDS AWSOME

P.S: The "noise" is why she's usually an EX-girlfriend
Welcome back to Yami World.

Welcome back Steve. We might have to start a site called “Partially Yamaha”.

You forgot to mention when your sled breaks, parts take 6+months as they're on backorder.

Welcome back!

Right on! Is nice having a backup especially one that was your main sled in past. Just brings back old memories when riding it. Still love my Phazer everytime I ride it which isnt very often anymore!

You forgot to mention when your sled breaks, parts take 6+months as they're on backorder.

Welcome back!
EXACTLY!
I've been working on my old sled since I sold it to my cousin.
I guess I gave him a LIFETIME WARRANTY with it.
But I don't mind cuz if a guy breaks in my group I HAVE to take care of them anyways.

When you ride with me you are part of a TEAM.
I'm the guy that calls everyone ALL year to get work done on their sleds. I:e OCD
I'm a PITA, but they know who to call & who to thank.

SOOO basically I've been checking this site EVERY DAY even when I didn't actually own a Yamaha
TOOO many friends here

PLUS I didn't want Tom to get lonely

Every time I swing a leg over something else I hop off and ask myself why I bother?
Until guys half my age on new sleds are leaving me and my EPS Apex in the dust I’ll keep enjoying every second of it.

EXACTLY!
I've been working on my old sled since I sold it to my cousin.
I guess I gave him a LIFETIME WARRANTY with it.
But I don't mind cuz if a guy breaks in my group I HAVE to take care of them anyways.

When you ride with me you are part of a TEAM.
I'm the guy that calls everyone ALL year to get work done on their sleds. I:e OCD
I'm a PITA, but they know who to call & who to thank.

SOOO basically I've been checking this site EVERY DAY even when I didn't actually own a Yamaha
TOOO many friends here

PLUS I didn't want Tom to get lonely
Try Mirtazipine, 4 stroke strength, 15mg to start. Increase dosage as things break and anxiety escalates.
Ask me how I know!

What is it about the Apex, they keep guys like us coming back?!?!?!?

I think the answer is somewhere in the fun to ride and sounds good logic with the Ex HAHAHA
Because it is one of, if not the greatest, snowmobiles of all time. Not the best at any particular thing, but great nonetheless.
It has 'soul'.

Back