• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

broken rear idler

hubdawg4352

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 nytro xtx
New sled owner here 09 & 13 Nytros and have a broken right rear idler. Is there a proper way to replace this, I've never done much work on sleds but I'm very mechanical.

welcome!

i reccomend this mod while you are in there as it helps prevent it from happening again

when i do anything on the skid, including replacing wheels, the 1st thing i do is back off the nut on the rear axle. then i loosen the track adjusters through the track windows so that the nuts are still on 1/2 way. now would be the time to take a picture of how the spacers and washers are to refer back to when you re assemble. then remove the axle nut and use a soft face hammer or hit on a peice of wood to push axle out. pay attention to the 4 washers that go up against the rail as if you misplace one, it will not tighten up properly and it will mess up the rails and axle. replace/add wheels as needed and re assemble.

one thing to note is that yamaha did use rear wheels that did not have replaceable bearings as that might be your issue. in that case, just replace the entire wheel with a new one with a replace able/serviceable bearing.

1640143227690.png
what wheel looks like without replaceable bearing.

Back