• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Btx set up

twiz28

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder BTX 1.75 Backcountry
2017 Sidewinder XTX 137
Anyone with the btx play with shock and strap settings yet? My btx came feeling very stiff, 115 psi in the front floats. Trying 10 psi decrease at a time to get to where I want to be. Haven't touch rear skid yet. Finding some push in corners but conditions are not ideal.

Havent made any adjustments yet but was a little stiff. Put on about 200 miles over the weekend and didnt change anything as it loosened up some. I'm going to put some more miles on before i start to adjust as it should loosen up more yet.

Cool, not much talk on here about the btx/mtx as compared to the trail forum. Keep me posted as to what you find and we can compare. Thinking of throwing some snow trackers on it as well, maybe just the saddles not the carbides.

I have not started fiddling with the setup yet but people seem to recommend to loosen it a bit in both frond end and rear shocks, one person recommended around ~75 psi main front and ~115 psi main back and keep the evol chambers at default psi (this is on a X-TX LE, don't think the B-TX will be much different?). I'm still very new to this so looking forward to what you guys think before starting to tinker with the settings. The center shock settings seem to be more complicated?

Cool, not much talk on here about the btx/mtx as compared to the trail forum. Keep me posted as to what you find and we can compare. Thinking of throwing some snow trackers on it as well, maybe just the saddles not the carbides.

They don't make trackers for the MTX skis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

210 miles, no adjustments yet but the dealer is good at setting them up. Debating on changing the skis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone find enough time to play my btx le seems like a rock, very little transfer. my old xtx turbo transfered like nothing. i wonder if the 153 was a mistake? Has anyone played with the mounting holes in the tunnel? btx lower holes and xtx upper.trying to figure out if thats a issue? what limiter setting should i try?

Message dieselxtx, he probably has a suspension setup that will get you close depending on your weight.He has seat time on trail, mountains, and on asphalt

The float 3 that came on my mtx i tried all kinds of pressures and couldn’t find a happy medium with them . I ended up swapping mine for exit x1 I was that unhappy with them . The rear skid shock I also swapped to exit . I changed the center shock spring to the cat 180 lbs spring as well . This will help with your transfer . don’t recommend moving the skid into different holes apparently causes geometry issues ! Also my dealer says that why my sled is wearing the rail tips .

anyone find enough time to play my btx le seems like a rock, very little transfer. my old xtx turbo transfered like nothing. i wonder if the 153 was a mistake? Has anyone played with the mounting holes in the tunnel? btx lower holes and xtx upper.trying to figure out if thats a issue? what limiter setting should i try?
What year BTX LE do you have the 17 with floats or 18 with coils?

2017 le 2.25 with evol3
Ok same as mine and it doesn’t transfer the best stock here is my shock pressures I’m 190 dressed and have 2gal of gas on back and a bag.
Front main 70
Front evol 150
Center main 55
Center evol. 125
Rear main 145
Rear evol 250
Rebound 8 clicks from fast
Limiter strap all the way loose
All pressure set at 55deg in my garage
I also cut my track down to 1.75 because on the trail I couldn’t hook up the 2.25 it would fold the lugs over and spin it is now a rocket and holds the skis in the air.

Ok same as mine and it doesn’t transfer the best stock here is my shock pressures I’m 190 dressed and have 2gal of gas on back and a bag.
Front main 70
Front evol 150
Center main 55
Center evol. 125
Rear main 145
Rear evol 250
Rebound 8 clicks from fast
Limiter strap all the way loose
All pressure set at 55deg in my garage
I also cut my track down to 1.75 because on the trail I couldn’t hook up the 2.25 it would fold the lugs over and spin it is now a rocket and holds the skis in the air.
im a good 100 pounds on ya but will try that.

im a good 100 pounds on ya but will try that.
You may need more air in the rear then I would try 150 rear main to start. I tried a ton of setups and none of them really made me estatic for the rear the front works very well but the rear I think needs a coil over shock I’m going to have a chance to ride a 2018 btx LE with qs3 oilovers on it and may be buying them for my sled

You may need more air in the rear then I would try 150 rear main to start. I tried a ton of setups and none of them really made me estatic for the rear the front works very well but the rear I think needs a coil over shock I’m going to have a chance to ride a 2018 btx LE with qs3 oilovers on it and may be buying them for my sled

I can add something for you to try. He center shock has a lot of effect on how the rear shock works. If you increase the pressure in the center you can reduce the rear and have a better ride. I’m 240 dressed and I run.
85 main/ 120 evol center, 125 main/ 140 evol rear. My front is close to yours. 75 main/ 110 evol. Also a little stiffer in the center the sled gets on top of the snow better when off trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back