• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

C16

Not so far but I don't run locked waste gate on trail, only to race. Trail boost is about 19-20 w header.
Locked waste gate (.030) @ 26 psi takes 92 grams per arm to run 8900 w ADAPT primary, Team Boss secondary. Calculates to about 375+ HP.
If we ever get snow, I'll do some runs w my new Dragy and post.
Let me know if & when you're looking for a test dummy to run against. I'm always available for a good time.

Last edited:

Not so far but I don't run locked waste gate on trail, only to race. Trail boost is about 19-20 w header.
Locked waste gate (.030) @ 26 psi takes 92 grams per arm to run 8900 w ADAPT primary, Team Boss secondary. Calculates to about 375+ HP.
If we ever get snow, I'll do some runs w my new Dragy and post.
You have rods and pistons or running stock?
Stock turbo?

The c isn’t like the q in the motor for the corrosion but it will loose octane sitting. No reason to leave it in for very long period.
I have used c but really only use oxygenated fuel for the free hp. It takes more fuel and you’ll need to monitor afr for sure.
Like I said above it will fire much better in cold weather too.
Thanks again. I monitor AFR all the time. I'll get some Q and try it.

Does PEFI still recommend running 8800 rpm? I know TD recommends running no more than 8500 on their race map. I tried it once, then blew my Adapt to pieces, and haven't tried it since. I was using C16 at the time, and syphoned it back out. Now I wonder if it's still okay to use since the can was opened last March....

About a week but you can get away with longer.
When you’re done just clean it out for peace of mind. Also hard on sensors
Run q16 as it will make more power and start in cold weather. You use more fuel though and the stage 4 pefi uses stock injector. Probably why it supposedly makes 325 on pump and 337 on race.
You’re actually locking the gate manually and not running the turbo smart gate?
1702908676807.png

Shims will increase the spring tension and resultant waste gate crack pressure which will result in a higher WFO boost pressure.
I have been told shimming can cause sled to sense part throttle overboost issues as well.
Hurricane does sell a 310hp map that comes with spacers and longer bolts for the wastegate mount bracket.
IMO....
Shimming, locking, or restricting the wastegate is best left to very knowledgeable people that are willing to data log, adjust maps, and or fuel pressure with high Octane fuel to ensure engine survival as you are moving into no mans land.
This is something I have not done nor am I planning to do.

I’d lug the motor down to lower 8s and have really good fuel. You get det you get boom though and cranking on stock motor like that is playing with fire.
They do come apart
JT
Shims work good on the turbo if you aren’t reaching desired boost level
Again you have to monitor everything because none of this stuff is bulletproof
You’ll make more boost in cold weather too obviously
I’ve had plenty of experience with broken motors and it makes for a bad day! lol
Cut a head on a 998

Shims will increase the spring tension and resultant waste gate crack pressure which will result in a higher WFO boost pressure.
I have been told shimming can cause sled to sense part throttle overboost issues as well.
Hurricane does sell a 310hp map that comes with spacers and longer bolts for the wastegate mount bracket.
IMO....
Shimming, locking, or restricting the wastegate is best left to very knowledgeable people that are willing to data log, adjust maps, and or fuel pressure with high Octane fuel to ensure engine survival as you are moving into no mans land.
This is something I have not done nor am I planning to do.
I’d lug the motor down to lower 8s and have really good fuel. You get det you get boom though and cranking on stock motor like that is playing with fire.
They do come apart
JT
Shims work good on the turbo if you aren’t reaching desired boost level
Again you have to monitor everything because none of this stuff is bulletproof
You’ll make more boost in cold weather too obviously
I’ve had plenty of experience with broken motors and it makes for a bad day! lol
Cut a head on a 998
Solid responses. Some make it sound so easy and without consequences. Ok, I'll pass. Thanks guys.

Stage 4 on the race tune runs rich enough at stock FP to run with Q16. PEFI actually recommends Q over C. Have run Q many times on my own and customer sleds on stage 4 race without bumping FP. AFR's were always spot on. I do always drain Q and run pump fuel through afterwards. Make sure you are not locking the gate tight and leaving .018 - .020" clearance.

Back