• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electronic waste gate TD

Dan3636

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Looking for some help with electronic waste gate. Can’t get sled to make more than 20 pounds of boost. No boost leaks, have allready machined spacers between clamps, an put boost leak tester on it serval times. Can easily get 27 pounds an more with no leaks. Even if I put in race 30 tune still can’t make more then 20. Something doesn’t seem right with the waste valve % percentage only being 65 %. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 98AEB937-2136-4F29-9FFE-3248082C37EC.jpeg
    98AEB937-2136-4F29-9FFE-3248082C37EC.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 46

What's the crack pressure set at?
We're do you have boost slider set? Is it set at a negative?
It looks like you have the WDV multiplier set at 120, not that its making a difference on the low boost, but I thought at 100 it was all done and all in at 95-100...

Crack pressure is set to 11 which is td recommendeds . I have the waste gate multiples turned up to help make boost quicker which it’s not helping. Iam not sure what the boost slider is you’re talking about. Can u tell me more about that thanks.

Crack pressure is set to 11 which is td recommendeds . I have the waste gate multiples turned up to help make boost quicker which it’s not helping. Iam not sure what the boost slider is you’re talking about. Can u tell me more about that thanks.

When you get up over 100 on the multiplier it doesn't do much I'm told.

The boost slider is on your app with the multiplier, depending on where its set for the tune, say you have a tune set for 20 lbs, but have it at -2 it would boost at say 18 lbs. Perhaps you have the slider set at a negative?

Looking for some help with electronic waste gate. Can’t get sled to make more than 20 pounds of boost. No boost leaks, have allready machined spacers between clamps, a put boost leak tester on it serval times. Can easily get 27 pounds a more with no leaks. Even if I put in race 30 tune still can’t make more then 20. Something doesn’t seem right with the waste valve % percentage only being 65 %. Any help would be appreciated.
Is this a new install? Was it working at one time? Almost seems you are mostly just working off the wastegate spring and are not controlling it much With actuator. If a new install double check your vacuum lines for correct orientation.

Yes installed last year an never been able to get it working properly. I’ll double check the vac lines. Is there any sort of electric that goes to solenoid? Any thing else to check? Thanks

Attachments

• F30C6550-59AD-45F7-A69A-A9DDE93E0B30.png
    F30C6550-59AD-45F7-A69A-A9DDE93E0B30.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 44
When you get up over 100 on the multiplier it doesn't do much I'm told.

The boost slider is on your app with the multiplier, depending on where its set for the tune, say you have a tune set for 20 lbs, but have it at -2 it would boost at say 18 lbs. Perhaps you have the slider set at a negative?
Yeah had it set to add 4 pounds, an it won’t go above 19. Even if I put in the race 30 tune it still makes only 19 seems like waste gate is not working correctly?

Yes installed last year a never been able to get it working properly. I’ll double check the vac lines. Is there any sort of electric that goes to solenoid? Any thing else to check? Thanks
Yes the 4 port solenoid would need a connection. You got the updated tunes to go with this wastegate, correct? i need to double check my instructions but I think you are to drill out boost sample port at turbo Also?

Yes the 4 port solenoid would need a connection. You got the updated tunes to go with this wastegate, correct? i need to double check my instructions but I think you are to drill out boost sample port at turbo Also?
Yes drilled out nipple port on turbo . Where are u supposed to get power from?

Boost controller needs power. You need to remove the stock solenoid and use the wiring for the new 4 port boost controller. First pic is of stock controller. Second pic shows the wiring.
20240121_124829.jpg
20240121_124737.jpg

Boost controller needs power. You need to remove the stock solenoid and use the wiring for the new 4 port boost controller. First pic is of stock controller. Second pic shows the wiring.View attachment 175210View attachment 175211
Yeah Iam plugged in to the plug stock solenoid was plugged into. Doubled checked all 4 hoes there going to the right places. Only difference is instead of being vented to atmosphere Iam vented back to cold air intake. Can not figure this out. Unless it’s this stupid bike man bov an it’s letting the boost blow off right around 19 pounds. It was on the sled when I bought it . Any thoughts?

Yeah Iam plugged in to the plug stock solenoid was plugged into. Doubled checked all 4 hoes there going to the right places. Only difference is instead of being vented to atmosphere Iam vented back to cold air intake. Can not figure this out. Unless it’s this stupid bike man bov an it’s letting the boost blow off right around 19 pounds. It was on the sled when I bought it . Any thoughts?
Iam about to throw electric waste gate in trash a just lock it . But like being able to trail ride as well with lower tunes.

Mine is vented to atmosphere. Maybe vented back to your CAI is your problem. The pressure will definetly be different.

Iam about to throw electric waste gate in trash a just lock it . But like being able to trail ride as well with lower tunes.
I've run it with no issues for 2 years. Something is off on your install.

Back