• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carbide question for new sled

rbig18

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper ltx se
I have always studded my sleds but am going to leave this LTX stock. It is a 14 so has the Cat ski. Going with the double down carbides (like the slim Jim). So no studds and 137 track and trail riding. Is 4inch enough? 6" too much?

I'm was on a 14 xtx with 265 hp and no studs and ran dually with 8" with no problem. The ltx is much more planted in the front and probably would be plenty at 6" just be careful on ice but any carbide in the front and no studs will have the same affect

I know it is not exactly the question you asked, but the semi-aggressive Snow Trackers work great on the Cat ski. Easy to steer and corners like it is on rails. After riding my sled, my buddy liked them so much that he bought Cat skis and Snow Trackers for his 2016!

I had 6" duallys on my 14 as well when new and no studs. the sled was new so it wasnt set up yet but I found the front end pushed pretty much while riding hard. it didnt have any darting issues on the plus side

Back