• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Catalyst 998t rumours

So your saying it only cost $40.00 per month to carry a sidewinder under a floor plan so thats $480.00 per year … So lets just use $14,000 as a cost of sled to dealer thats about 2.86% which seems a little low but if that is their cost then no big deal to carry over a couple of sleds.. In the case of dealer near me , they had approx. 150 new sleds, 75 rental sleds, and a few used sleds that did not sell… $1,600 I quoted was loss in resale value because the sled is a year older and I estimated the floor plan cost to be about the same … lets just say the floor plan cost is $500.00 and depreciation is $1,500.00 its still a $2,000.00 loss of revenue for that dealer… Prices are falling and older models can be bought cheaper now and next fall they will still be bought at a good price Iam sure…
Here is some food for thought if can have all those unit he has a very high rate of money with credit company I would not be surprised that is rate would below prime I took care of the larges mercury dealer in North America his line of credit was 18 million an his rate when I handled his Account was 1-5 below prime and he had special rates with mercury

Here is some food for thought if can have all those unit he has a very high rate of money with credit company I would not be surprised that is rate would below prime I took care of the larges mercury dealer in North America his line of credit was 18 million an his rate when I handled his Account was 1-5 below prime and he had special rates with mercury
Yes when prime rate was at its lowest but rates have went up since that point and what is the typical floor plan rate at this time? Even if he has no interest on those units, he still has inventory that is a year old and has decreased in value… sleds still depreciate fast in a buyers market as is now the case….

I don't have a dealership, but I've been told current interest rates are 12-13% on floor plans. Just picked up a brand new left over 2024 Polaris from a dealer in Pine Island, MN. They had the option of paying interest on units or paying them off, they chose to pay them off and try to sell 200+ units at their cost! If interest was only $40 per month they would have paid the interest I'm sure!

A 998 in a Matryx chassis may work well? I'm told it's out there and Yamaha is willing to deal.
I work with a former Polaris engineer. He did say they had one for testing. They also had one with a RZR based turbo engine and he said the 998T literally destroyed the Polaris engine version.

I'm thinking it may come with a price tag that is more than Cat wants to pay, but I'm not sure.
....and not having to design a widebody chassis to fit the engine, why we are hearing rumors of a 2-cylinder, 4 stroke turbo version.

....and not having to design a widebody chassis to fit the engine, why we are hearing rumors of a 2-cylinder, 4 stroke turbo version.

So your saying the yamaha 998 fits in their current catalyst?
Hope they turn the hp up to at least 280hp level and see how the chassis holds up for trail riding.

So your saying the yamaha 998 fits in their current catalyst?
Hope they turn the hp up to at least 280hp level and see how the chassis holds up for trail riding.
No, saying it doesn't fit and Cat/Textron would have to build a wide body Catalyst but probably don't want to spend the extra $$ to do so.

No, saying it doesn't fit and Cat/Textron would have to build a wide body Catalyst but probably don't want to spend the extra $$ to do so.
Sorry I read that wrong.
You were talking about Polaris.

I don't have a dealership, but I've been told current interest rates are 12-13% on floor plans. Just picked up a brand new left over 2024 Polaris from a dealer in Pine Island, MN. They had the option of paying interest on units or paying them off, they chose to pay them off and try to sell 200+ units at their cost! If interest was only $40 per month they would have paid the interest I'm sure!
I agree at todays rates even auto dealerships like Car Fax is quoting 12 to 13% on used car loans with good credit… Bad credit it goes much higher like 18% How many units will they sell at those rates, same with sleds… Dealers have no choice but to sell at a loss if they have alot of units…

So I keep seeing width but is the 1100 about the same width as the 998?

So I keep seeing width but is the 1100 about the same width as the 998?

No, its narrower by quite a bit. Wouldn't be so bad, but the twin cylinder four-strokes sound sooooo bad. My old 1100 turbo was fast once tuned, but sounded horrible and was not much fun to ride, but that could be the fact the other problems they had in the chassis department with handling, ride and reliability problems driveline. I absolutely hated the Z1 and the 2012 I had with the 1100 in them.

The more cylinders the better they are, width be damed. I'll take a boosted four-cylinder Apex engine with the sweet under driven and cushioned output shaft please! This is the answer for all clutch and belt issues and so much easier on the driveline. Easily worth the added cost and little bit of weight going to the Apex engine by the time you put what's needed into the 998 to make it reliable in the clutching and driveline components.

Would love to see something like the Koenigsegg Freevalve engine put in a sled, brilliant concept.

Back