• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

chain case lube

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
what brand of gear lube are you guys running in your chain cases?? I know its supposed to be a 75-80w, but I am curious to what people think about certain brands.

thanks for the replys... I have some Klotz brand and some Napa gear lube laying around, but wanted to check first. I need to find a amsoil dealer in souther maine now... any ideas ccso85frigu?

oil

Klotz has worked really good for me ,have been using it for over 8 years in all my sleds, good stuff really hangs on to bearings and chain LaLaLa

i am using royal purple 75w140 in mine. pretty much any synthetic is good stuff as i have tried most over the years.

I run the same oil in my chain case as I run in my engines (fully synthetic), pour in to the full mark on the "without reverse" marker on the dip stick (a little more than the stock amount). No problems in any of my 3 RX's and Apex's over the years.

...after reading the race circuit was running ATF in the chain cases 20 years back I switched to ATF....Currently using Mobil 1 ATF in the chain case & the Transfer Case on the truck....

[/b]... a chain is still just a chain. If it will work on a race track & in your Escalade transfercase it will more than adequately lubricate any chain on a sled. With little or no heat in the chaincase to break down viscosity its just one more way to reduce friction & improve power to the track.

I use ATF Mercon V in my chain case since I purchesed it in Oct of 03. I do change it 2 to 3 times a year because of gear changes, so I am looking at any potential problems. I figure that auto manufatures, such as Ford, reccommend it for trans-fer cases, its ok with me.

ATF is too light or thin, chain case lube is more like a gearlube or manual trans fluid. But chain case fluid is designed to resist sling off and often have a heafty dose of extream pressure additives, corrosion inhibitors, and anti-foaming agents.

Back