• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Viking chain case, ideas, pictures

bjowett

Lifetime Member
I happened upon an RS Viking H-L-R chain case for a good deal, and since I've always been curious about it, it was purchased. I've been brain storming what to use it for, and if it does not wind up in my 2014 Yamaha Viking UTV/side x side project, it could find a home in an Apex (if it is compatible). The low range offers approximately a 28% reduction, so it could produce a nice dual purpose 136 or 144" sled. Run a 24T - 38T 1.58 ratio for a nice long cruising, or lake running gear. Then, drop it into low range , which would give roughly a 2.02 ratio, and we all know what that's good for. My only question is, can the clutch be optimized for both ranges, or would each compromise the other?

Pictures for the curious.

Attachments

• vikinggears1.jpg
    vikinggears1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 345
  • vikingcase2.jpg
    vikingcase2.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 368
  • vikingcase.jpg
    vikingcase.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Kewl idea but you think there is room for that much case on the Apex? The front of the case would be very close to the coolant hose and oil tank and the rear would very close to the rad I would think.

Back