• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coil over shock

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
Does any one know a company that makes a coil over shock for a 2018 Vector 129. I have tried getting one from HYGEAR since last Feb. & also talked to them at the snow show & they can't give me a time when they will be available. I do have the upgraded fox shock on the sled but it is not reliable. (ask me why I know)

Find some good take offs from a Vector or Apex. Preferably GYTR's

Elka makes a replacement shock for the Singleshit rear suspension, may be your only other option.

The 146 and 129 take the same shock when in a rs vector or apex from 2016 and on.
Here is the spring I have on our elka stage 4 shock.
Accelerated Technologies did a full service on my shock last year so they have all the info on it.
104466.jpeg

I can also confirm that the elka shock for the xtx 146 also is a direct fit in the 129. I don't know why elka does not advertise it for both. I ordered one for a customer's 129 last year and it was a direct fit. Yamaha lists same part number shock for 129 and 146 skids.

I can also confirm that the elka shock for the xtx 146 also is a direct fit in the 129. I don't know why elka does not advertise it for both. I ordered one for a customer's 129 last year and it was a direct fit. Yamaha lists same part number shock for 129 and 146 skids.
Thank you everyone for that information, I will call them

Can not find that shocked listed on their website for a xtx146 for 2016-2018. Do you have a part no. Do you know what stage it is and how do you know which spring to put in.

Thank's for any information.

The 146 and 129 take the same shock when in a rs vector or apex from 2016 and on.
Here is the spring I have on our elka stage 4 shock.
Accelerated Technologies did a full service on my shock last year so they have all the info on it.
View attachment 173629
Will a stage 4 shock fit on a 2016-2018 apex or vector. There is not a lot of room between the support bars on either side of the shock. I see they sell the stage 2 for the 2016-2018 apex or vector. What makes the stage 4 better.

Since you installed this Elka shock in a 129,is there any modifications that you have to make to the suspension because of the 2 inner wheels that are mounted on the front shaft that connects the front shock mount also. Is there enough room up front so that the new shock with the coil spring doesn't hit the 2 inner wheels.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions
Rich

Will a stage 4 shock fit on a 2016-2018 apex or vector. There is not a lot of room between the support bars on either side of the shock. I see they sell the stage 2 for the 2016-2018 apex or vector. What makes the stage 4 better.
This is on a 146.
Had to space out the relay rods so they would clear the spring and reservoir. The reservoir is offset so it will clear the grease fitting on lower shaft.
The stage 4 has compression and rebound adjustments plus reservoir.
Screenshot_20231011-085918_Gallery.jpg

This is on a 146.
Had to space out the relay rods so they would clear the spring and reservoir. The reservoir is offset so it will clear the grease fitting on lower shaft.
The stage 4 has compression and rebound adjustments plus reservoir.
View attachment 173640
Buy looking at your picture I cannot see the 2 innner wheels by the lower shock mount. Does the 146 have these wheel there. When you buy the ELKA shock stage 2 does it come with larger spacers to make room for the spring.

The shaft and wheels for the 146" are not located as close to the shock as the 129" does so there is no adjustments for them. However, I had problems with the OEM shaft spinning and ended up purchasing Hygear's replacement part that is needed when installing their SingleShot shock replacement on the 129" but is optional on the 146". With that said, worst case scenario is purchase this part from Hygear to deal with the shaft and wheels on the 129" and then purhcase the Elka shock you want.

Hygear.JPG
Hygear2.JPG
Hygear3.JPG

Last edited:

Back