• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

could it be a good snow build up solution?? (Nytro)

snefokk

Extreme
Website
snefokk.blogspot.com
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Nytro TTX
could this be a fix, a small pipe from the exhaust that blows about 5%(more or less) of totall under the frame ,with another alu plate under the stud protektor with some small holes on the side to let the exhaust out.
This will give enough heat to melt the snow and ice,but will do no harm to the sled.

Anyone??????
Ill try to make this if i get a second muffler to drill a hole in and to weld the pipe to......

i think this fix will save a lot of weight

Attachments

• Nytro eksos tegning.jpg
    Nytro eksos tegning.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 57

i used a 12oz. can of pam cooking spray and it cut down the ice by 60%. and what was left came out rly easy. put it in when the sled is in a warm area. it will stink a lil bit at first.

Re: could it be a good ice build up solution?? (Nytro)

snefokk said:
could this be a fix, a small pipe from the exhaust that blows about 5%(more or less) of totall under the frame ,with another alu plate under the stud protektor with some small holes on the side to let the exhaust out.
This will give enough heat to melt the snow and ice,but will do no harm to the sled.

Anyone??????
Ill try to make this if i get a second muffler to drill a hole in and to weld the pipe to......

i think this fix will save a lot of weight

I like your idea. Maybe we could run two more up to the handle bars to assist with the poor hand warmers. :Rockon:

I doused my tunnel with Pam before I left for the Northwoods Christmas day. Freezing cold up North for the week, when I came home Sunday the 4th I had a chunk of ice stuck to my tunnel large enough to sink the Titanic! Maybe it works for day trips when you can pull your sled in your garage after a day or two of riding, but it didn't work for my trip?

woodydog said:
I doused my tunnel with Pam before I left for the Northwoods Christmas day. Freezing cold up North for the week, when I came home Sunday the 4th I had a chunk of ice stuck to my tunnel large enough to sink the Titanic! Maybe it works for day trips when you can pull your sled in your garage after a day or two of riding, but it didn't work for my trip?

Couldnt agree more, I dont have a warm garage to pull my sled in every night,and its a SNOWmobile, it stands outside all the time, so if this fix would do the trick, ill would be verry :jump:

Back