• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

couple of ?s

diesel kid

This is my first Yamaha always owned doo's. I finally got it out for a few miles. 1 are the brakes always that loud a slow speeds ? it seems to be only when going slow. Got the typical whine at speed but felt vibrating and louder almost a grind going slow. could it be the track is loose ? 2. I think it was ratching on me When I was accelerating around a corner. I only have like 10-15 miles on it did the track strech that much already ? how often does it do this when it is set up right all broke in. one thing I was very surprised about is that how stiff the suspension is. coming off x package doo's that I could always bottem out this seems a lot stiffer which is awsome and i dont really need to say anything about the motor we all know how that is ;)!

Check the track, no problem to do.. And check the tension on the chain. My -08 was alittle luod at first when braiking but efter break in it was fine.

The tracks will stretch in quite a bit for the first few hundred miles. I think I had to adjust mine about 3 times? I just waited 'til I heard it ratchet, tightened it 'til it quit and that was all. The primary clutches sometimes make a little more noise on the 3 cyl engines too, but I think they made a few changes to reduce that noise for '09.
As far as the brakes, just inspect them. If there is anything odd, take it back to the dealer. Mine makes a little noise as well, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just look for even wear patterns on the rotor, or lift the rear of the sled up on a stand, run it and apply the brakes.

Back