• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

crank

rough rider

Expert
If you look at a diagram of crank it is splined on the end inside engine cases and then a stub shaft slides onto that and clutch bolts to it, Im just thinking that alot of that clutch noise could be coming from those splines, because if you grab onto clutch yuo can rock it back and forth a small amount so there is some play, its not the spider moving its the inside sheave, If there would be a way to tighten up the spline tolerance would the clutch rattle less??? I am going to check this out alittle more this summer, I love my 08 vector but that noise drives me nuts, I started my sled up with the primary clutch off the machine and it didnt even sound the the same engine, soundes like a smooth running and quite 4 cylinder bike motor, I want it to sound that way with the clutch on . I guess im asking for 2 much since its only a 9000 dollar snowmobile :4STroke:

Back