• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve ski's

I will be switching out my slydogs for The Curves, and hope to convince a few of my riding buddies to switch out their skies, Everyone i ride with on nytros ( like 10 of them ) complain about the excess darting and unpredictable handling. I cant wait to try them, ive had to many close calls lol.

Please let me know how the Curves compare to the Slydogs. I have Slydogs with 7.5" shaper bar, and they bite like mad! almost too much...But rather have this than too much push and darting.

Anything but stock. Love the C&As ;)!

I have the Curve Ski's with 4" round bar and Leading Edge, no darting of any kind. One thing to make sure if you are darting and have NOT replaced your bushings, that is a major cause.

Before putting any new ski on you need to check and replace if needed the following:

Spindle bushings
Lower Spherical joints (ball joints)
A-Arm (upper and lower) bushings at sub-frame
Upper rod ends (ball joints)
Ski alignment

Without fixing the above issues you will have darting regardless of ski. With that, I ran Curve's with 9"shaper bars and had no darting before the ball joints went to hell. The skis gave a lighter steering effort while still having confidence in the corners.

Does the tie rods on the steering arms also contribute to darting ? I notice mine is alittle sloppy. Im gonna order Ulmers lower ball joint kit but i would like a fix for the top one also. But honestly looks like my problem is in the tie rods on the steering connected to the spindle. Either way i have to check it all have my new curves on the way :)

This thread has some great info on skis, esp. the Curves. I've only trail ridden my 09 XTX about 500 miles, and have also had about 200 miles in fresh powder...maybe 3.5 feet. I didn't notice my skis darting...but then again, I've always found sled skis to dart. Maybe I just haven't had the pleasure of owning a good ski lol. My stockers ,even in the powder, seem to float well. But I also have a 1.75" track and full belly pan.....

My point is, I also have a set of Simmons Flex Skis....10" wide double runners. I assume they are the Gen II's. I've never tried em yet, but how do they work on trail, in deep snow and for carving/slde hilling etc...I've thought of selling them as I've never used them yet

Sorry for the hyjack

Curve Industries said:
No need to email xf800 - We're like Snap-On.... Curve Industries will come to you!

The 6" round bar is a good choice for your XTX. We run the 4" round and Leading Edge on our Nytro SE which was unofficially proclaimed by Mark Boncher from American Snowmobiler - "The best handling Nytro I've ever ridden."

Thank you for the support everyone. Curve customers are the best :Rockon:

Have any of you seen our new custom design site??? You can design your own graphic kit or apparel from scratch :-o

Customs.CurveIndustries.com

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com

I am looking at replacing my Ski,

I have a Nytro RTX stretch-out to 136 with a 1.5 intense track. What sets of carbides do you of recommend? How do your skis perform in the powder?

Thanks

Bought my nytro with Curve skis already installed. LOVE THEM! I can't compare to the stockers because i never rode the sled with them, but i don't think i'd want to anyways hearing everyone complain about the stock skis. I run the 6" round bar (Stud Boy) and haven't had any complaints. Except from my buddies who are always riding behind me and tell me that the skis throw up alot of snow! From what i've read, the skis are suppose to do that to help lubricate the slides. My gain, their problem!

Fox

Tell your buddies they should be paying you per mile since you are kicking up snow for their hyfax too! ;)

Shockwave,

The 6" shaper bar is designed to have a little more edgy bite type of a feel.

The round bar will have a smoother more linear feel.

Both will bite very well in the corner because of how the ski is designed to work and both having 6" of carbide.

Since most people are trying to get away from that twitchy edgy type feel on the Nytro's that is why from our testing and experience we usually recommend a round bar on a Nytro application.

yamaha1
Nathan Sobolik
Curve Industries
Mid West Dealer & Direct Sales
www.curveindustries.com
nathan@curveindustries.com

Back