• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve Skis

mtcooler

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 ZR 7000 LTD Sno Pro
Was talking on phone with a tech. from curve skis today and he informed me they are working on a new ski loop design and when they release them they with be available in colors. He said the only reason they stopped making them in colors is they had manufacturing issues?

Did he tell you when they will be released? Figures...I was on the fence about getting curves, only issue I had was lack of colored loops. I said the hell with it and ordered them with black loops.

I'm going to hydro dip my loops, hopefully it holds up.

I think the issue they had was colors mixing in the mold. If I had to guess the injection mold operator wasn't thoroughly cleaning out the plastic pellets when switching colors?

I ordered my skis a month and a half ago, still no skis. First they said the skis were on back order, then skis came and they didn't have the carbides.... it's a good thing for them that their skis get great reviews, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere....full colored ski package was over $500!!!

He did not have a release date. I like my curves but i would like orange loops. It's just that little things that sets something off.

I talked to the curve ski rep at Novi show. He said they will be released for next season. The new loops will be lighter, I think be 2 lbs he said and still fit all curve skis from what I understand.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Did he tell you when they will be released? Figures...I was on the fence about getting curves, only issue I had was lack of colored loops. I said the hell with it and ordered them with black loops.

I'm going to hydro dip my loops, hopefully it holds up.

I think the issue they had was colors mixing in the mold. If I had to guess the injection mold operator wasn't thoroughly cleaning out the plastic pellets when switching colors?

I ordered my skis a month and a half ago, still no skis. First they said the skis were on back order, then skis came and they didn't have the carbides.... it's a good thing for them that their skis get great reviews, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere....full colored ski package was over $500!!!

Where do you send them off to, to get hydra dipped? Won't plasty dip hold up?

Where do you send them off to, to get hydra dipped? Won't plasty dip hold up?

I haven't picked a place yet, there are a few places local. Web search your area or send them off.

I'm worried plasti dip won't hold.

Well I thought the hole advantage to plasti dip was the flexibility? I just bought a pair of these ski (blue-gray handle) but if you look at my Avatar my sled is blue and green.

Well I thought the hole advantage to plasti dip was the flexibility? I just bought a pair of these ski (blue-gray handle) but if you look at my Avatar my sled is blue and green.
Yeah, it might work. you use to be able to buy plastidip in small tubes. now all I see is gallons

I have found it in aerosol cans I am going to try 4 or 5 light coats. And pray for snow....

Ive used plastidip in rattlecans on my shock springs for over 10 years, with an occasional (beginning of each season) touch up. Great product

I had Curve Ski's on my Attak GT....if you are an aggressive rider or ride a lot of ditch lines...they are great skis (the loose snow performance is far better than stock)...but if you ride mostly groomed trails, and don't use a dually runner (which they do not recommend)...you will HATE them.. in certain conditions they hunt and dart horribly....again...if you are an average trail joe...stick with the stock Yamaha skis (or dual tuners)with a dually type runner....you need to really pick up the pace, and ride aggressively to appreciate Curve skis (without duallys).

Back