• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dalton Spring Help

race24x

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.r-scomputer.com
Hey Everyone I was reading through some old threads trying to get a little more RPMs. My sled runs around 8500 and I ground some weight out of my weights already. I think I can change my primary spring and it will gain some RPMs right? I found I have a broken Black Blue Dalton, but was considering going to the Black Green. 2kg less total force, but 9 kg more initial force. Do you all think that will help get me a few hundred RPMs

The Dalton green adds 500 RPM of engagement for me on the RX-1 primary over the Blue. If you like a high engagement it's the spring to have. I prefer the Blue. The green will not add much however for RPM over the blue, more so engagement.

For me on the RX-1 primary, I get 3500 engagement on the Blue and 4000 on the Green. why not just replace the broken blue spring?

Will Dalton warranty the spring or is it too old?

I have had it for a couple years, but I am less concerned about buying one. Maybe it is a secondary spring that helps bump up your RPMS. I dont want to just make the engagement higher. I would like my full throttle RPMs up some. I took all of the weight out of my Daltons and then ground some off them too. I need a little more

Your rpms are controlled by the primary weights and springs. Tuning your rpms with secondary is not a good practice. If you want to raise your rpms you need to install a spring with more total force or go to lighter weights. Higher initial force will only really effect your engagement rpms. Are you running stock weights or something else? Is the sled stock or tuned?

I assume you are using DTYA-1 weights which have been known to be on the heavy side for tunes 270 and under sometimes. I would do like Mike says however, and start with new spring first. If the spring is broke in the middle it could have enough of an impact on rpms.

If you can't get RPM with a new spring, keep grinding! I have my DTYA-1's down to 72 G now.

I assume you went to the XS825 Belt like I did making for a lot lower RPM vs the 8JP or 8DN.

If you can't get RPM with a new spring, keep grinding! I have my DTYA-1's down to 72 G now.

I assume you went to the XS825 Belt like I did making for a lot lower RPM vs the 8JP or 8DN.
Its funny Mike that seems to be the same area i am w/my dtya-1 as well as you are,and like you already stated the 825 vrs 8jp will cost you around 400 rpm drop overall,but belt just plain works.

Mike, where do you find the best place is to grind? can you show a photo?

I assume you are using DTYA-1 weights which have been known to be on the heavy side for tunes 270 and under sometimes. I would do like Mike says however, and start with new spring first. If the spring is broke in the middle it could have enough of an impact on rpms.
I ground my DTAY1’s down to 70 grams, Carlistle belt and 8850rpm on max17. Green black Dalton primary, orange black secondary wrapped 80 degrees (6-2)

Mike, where do you find the best place is to grind? can you show a photo?
Depends where you want rpm change the most. For max rpm, tip weight, mid range, mid and bottom is base of the weight. I ground my dtay1 all from middle to end. Keeping a close eye on the profile to keep them close to the same. Weigh them on a good digital scale.

No tune, you have the wrong weights then, I run DTAY1's loaded with TD Powertrail tune

Back