• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Denied in Canada?? Extended Warranty (Y.E.S)

Definitely agree with you guys my place is about 150 miles from the border and in a year or two I intend to spend a lot of my riding time in Canada.
I do understand the need to purchase where you live otherwise there would be no "Yamaha Canada" The fact that they are two seperate companies is one thing, but they are owned by the same one. Warrantee should not be restricted in any way Yamaha Japan should pay Yamaha US or Yamaha Canada regardless of where the sled was purchased.
Complaining to Yamaha Canada or US is not going to change anything we need to let Yamaha Japan who makes these decisions know how much happier their customers would be if they could go back and forth between the two countries and be covered. After all it just so happens 90% of us snowmobilers that live in the US live in a state that is connected to our neighbors to the north ;)!
Keep this thread clean so it stays put and maybe somebody in Japan will see it. :-o

VT_BluYamaha54 said:
Last Feb I started having probs with a coil while up in Quebec so went to the closest dealer who had the part but wouldn't recognize my US Y.E.S coverage. He said my dealer back in the US should handle the claim and paperwork. He handed me the part over the counter and with the Canadian taxes it was about $135.

I have been back and forth with my dealer here who says the Yamaha Rep is saying that "they no longer reimburse for repairs made outside the US"

Ken,

I can read. Yammie USA will not pay you nor will they pay a Canadian dealer. I believe someone else said the yes warranty clearly states it is for the Nation. [USA]

I was just pointing out this was not a Yammie Canada issue as Yammie USA set the terms of your warranty.

God knows Yammie Canada sticks it to us poor Canucks on pricing. But they do not need to be blamed for something they did not do.

Can't blame a Canadian dealer for not working for nothing and not giving you parts if Yammie USA will not pay him.

S000000000, I don't think I need a :ORC .

Tork is absolutely right. This warranty only in your own country nonsense is rediculous, especially for you Yanks.

Aftermarket warranties cover both countries FYI in case you are looking at extended warranty with a future sled.

No slammin here Tork. I'm kool.

Just defending my countrymen.

:Rockon:

Dave

Only good in the USA. I only ride in canada so if it breaks there I am SOL or have to wait till I get it back home.
I asked about that when I bought the sled and the YES. Don't quite get it. After all I need it where I ride not in Hawaii or Florida where the warranty is good, except there are no dealers there who would know how to fix anything.

Two thing's come to mind.

First, isn't there an expense coverage for lost $$ in travel and riding with a breakdown?

Second, When is Yamy going to wise up and come up with a North America management like most international companies do. They can play thier $$ exchange games behind the scens without effecting the customer. This is just plain stupid as far as marketing good will goes. The market will ending up turning to alternatives. Especially with todays Ecomunications.

It's all about the Dealer, boys. My group, which consists of 8 Yamaha's of different models, goes through this every year. Yes, you do have to pay up front in Canada. Yes, you should defiantly use a credit card. And, yes, you have to save the part. Now, here's where the dealer comes in. We have never had a problem, this year also, where we didn't get reimbursed for the job, AND, if it required an overnight stay to get going again, we got that money back also. By the way, all this required on our part was a phone call to the dealer, then fax a copy of the bills, then finally, UPS the parts to him. All this after we get home. So yes, the warranty issues between the countries are ridiculous, and yes, Japan should redo their thinking, BUT, the fact that your U.S. dealer won't handle it is wrong. Just throwing in my experiences with this problem. :ORC

All good points Greasemonkey. The part that PO's me is that while we are out having fun and unwinding from the day to day BS, WE have to manage the warranty, Yamaha should be doing that for us!

Greasemonkey said:
It's all about the Dealer, boys. My group, which consists of 8 Yamaha's of different models, goes through this every year. Yes, you do have to pay up front in Canada. Yes, you should defiantly use a credit card. And, yes, you have to save the part. Now, here's where the dealer comes in. We have never had a problem, this year also, where we didn't get reimbursed for the job, AND, if it required an overnight stay to get going again, we got that money back also. By the way, all this required on our part was a phone call to the dealer, then fax a copy of the bills, then finally, UPS the parts to him. All this after we get home. So yes, the warranty issues between the countries are ridiculous, and yes, Japan should redo their thinking, BUT, the fact that your U.S. dealer won't handle it is wrong. Just throwing in my experiences with this problem. :ORC

I actually did just as you described but my dealer got blocked by Yamaha Warranty dept. (Paid for part by cc, saved them and went to my dealer when I got home w/all paperwork and part.)

Yamaha Customer relations did fully resolve my issue by issuing me a credit that was actually more than the amount of the repair BUT cautioned me that Y.E.S is not honored outside the US - PERIOD. If I try to make another claim for breakdowns in Canada, they will NOT reimburse. (It actually does state this in the fine print of the Y.E.S)

Not sure how your dealer in NJ is doing this but it must not be 100% on the "up-and-up" Even if it "worked" the way you describe it wouldn't be too convenient to bring home a failed major part (like a rail, driveshaft, etc.)

I think we all agree that Yamaha needs to look at a better way to handle warranty for BOTH Canadian + US riders.

Back