• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Determining Torsion springs

Northern

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
08 Nytro
08 Phazer
I have a 2008 Nytro RTX with a 144 kit installed.

I am working on getting the sag out of it.

I understand there are heavy duty torsion springs available from Yamaha.

How can I tell if the sled already has them?

If appears that the part number might be stamped on the short arm but I cannot see it under the sled.

Were the two a different diameter of spring? If so, can you provide the diameter so I can measure them?

you can mic them the thickness of the spring is how Travis told me to check mine. Of course I no longer know what the specs were. Call BOP Travis will know. and he will prolly have a great deal on the new/used ones too

someone might answer faster but i can check my stock springs for my apex xtx as i ended up with nitro xtx springs on mine as stock was too heavy for me.

you can mic them the thickness of the spring is how Travis told me to check mine. Of course I no longer know what the specs were. Call BOP Travis will know. and he will prolly have a great deal on the new/used ones too

I emailed Travis back to see if he knows the difference. He was looking for 2100's for my sled. I am wondering if I already have 2100's thought.

I spoke with my local dealer today and they could not tell me a way to figure out the difference.

someone might answer faster but i can check my stock springs for my apex xtx as i ended up with nitro xtx springs on mine as stock was too heavy for me.

Thanks, but RTX and XTX use different springs and I was told they do not interchange.

If there is sag I would guess that you don't have the 2100's. 2100's are really heavy springs. I just ordered a couple for my sled because I had 4-5" of sag with out any weight on the sled and I rider pretty hard to they will be better for my riding style. I have a 08 nytro MTX 153 so not much longer then yours.

Here is what Travis has to say.

"Typically the material will be thicker or there will be less coils. I've attached a photo of the 1900 Spring for you to compare yours too. If yours has more coils than this photo then you have softer option below 1900 which I believe is 1500. When referring to photo I refer to it as 7 coils. The 1500 has 8 coils. Let's make sure you don't have the soft 8 coil spring first. I can get wire thickness of 1900 spring once back in shop next week. "

Sent from my office
using Tapatalk

Back