• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Distance between weight and roller

1BADS8SS

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
NYTRO
There about a 1/8" gap between my weights and my rollers is this okay?

Clutches cleaned every year? Both primary and secondary. If your not sure how to do them find a friend that does nearby to help you. There are torque ratings that need to be used and adhered to (hood torque wrench needed). Here is a youtube video a guy did on a primary clutch.
Good luck.

Pete

yes they get a basic cleaning ,just wondering what could cause the gap like this.. the gap is more like a 1/16 just enough to be able to spin the roller and move the weight while the sled is shut off and no belt on it

All the Yamaha primary clutches I've worked on have a gap between the weights and rollers. I always spin the rollers and move the weights when doing a quick cleaning of the primary.

All the Yamaha primary clutches I've worked on have a gap between the weights and rollers. I always spin the rollers and move the weights when doing a quick cleaning of the primary.

:sled1: wow thats some great news.... replace springs and ill be all set. worried me because most other sleds you can not

Mine has about a 1/16 gap also. Also My weights have play side to side. Are bushings pressed into the weights replaceable or do i have to get other weights.

The bushings in the weights are replaceable but expensive. Around $20 each from Yamaha.

yes they get a basic cleaning ,just wondering what could cause the gap like this.. the gap is more like a 1/16 just enough to be able to spin the roller and move the weight while the sled is shut off and no belt on it

You first said 1/8 and thats NOT normal... but 1/16 or 1/32, I agree is fine. Sorry I was busy and did not get back to confirm.

what do you guys clean you clutches with? I normally just blow some high pressure air through them when the cover/spring are off.

compressed air...... soapy water....... more air.

Back